-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
I HAVE A HEMI 4 SPEED TRANSMISSION THAT i BOUGHT AROUND 1972. I bought it from an altered racer that was carring it for a spare that he had nevered used and he told me it came out of Sox & Martin's 68 Barracuda. I had no reason to disbelieve him because it was no big deal at that time. I carried it for many years as a spare and never used it.
I cannot prove this as there are no numbers anywhere.
The transmission is a factory slick shift,cast iron case 4 speed, it is very heavy. It appears to never been used or used very little.
I am thinking they changed it out for an aluminum one as soon as they got the car because of the weight difference.
I would like $1200.00 or or best offer plus shipping.
It is just south of Houston Texas

Iron syncros, straight cut gears and 2 out of every 3 of the dog ears gone are the dead give away. On the 2 that we have had anyway. Neither of ours had anything on the pad. And if its real your price is very reasonable.

Interested
nothing shaped on the pad? have you had the cover off?
Don't know what pad your talking about. I had the side cover off years ago thats when I noticed it looked like may not of used or much.

Passenger side of the case there will be a raised pad about 1"x3" that would have numbers stamped on it if it is a late 67 or later case. I have a 72 Hustle Stuff Hemi A-body trans that has the date it was built and the number that was built as that day. No VIN number will be on it.

4-speed numbers.jpg

Iron syncros, straight cut gears and 2 out of every 3 of the dog ears gone are the dead give away. On the 2 that we have had anyway. Neither of ours had anything on the pad. And if its real your price is very reasonable.
Best I remember every other tooth was machined off, I haven't looked inside in a long time but I don't think it had straight cut gears, this is a factory built transmission I got it well before the aftermarket started building straight cut gears. I have more trbuilt ansmissions but they weren't factory built transmissions.
Interested
nothing shaped on the pad? have you had the cover off?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back