Spacex money spent

-

1969383S

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Gotta love Elon and his ambitions!

I was pretty sure they were gonna put SN10 back on the ground and predicted and expected leg failure based on the SN6 test! I Had no idea it was going to fail the way it did afterwards!

This show is better than anything you will see from HollyWood!

Thanks to Covid, I have time to witness these awesome accomplishments! Go Elon Go!

Got up to watch the launch of crew II this am. My Folks are in town and we all got up at 5am. I am up pretty high in elevation in North Ga. and at T+7 got to see the second stage streaking across the sky just above the tree line.

What a sight and we are all glad we got up early to watch it! God Speed to the crew and hope for a good docking!

Last edited:
Spacex is going to get us back to the moon shortly. Only wish I was younger to make the trip!

This is what we saw! My cams were down on purpose and this is not my pic but exactly what we witnessed!

49BFE52E-17EB-4AE3-A9B8-042AEACF534D.jpeg

Having a surprise 60th birthday party for my older brother tomorrow and had to kill my cams so he could not eaves drop and see our folks at my house.

Todays capsule, launched last year for the first manned orbital mission with Doug and Bob Demo 2. The Booster was used to launched Crew 1 up last year as well.

Sustainable and Re-Usable! The Pilot for this mission Is Bob’s wife! Same capsule and really cool history! Another stuck landing for the booster as well!

Crew 1 to return home early next week.

Last edited:
We used to see stuff like this out of Vandenberg in the early 70's. We lived across the street of a cliff with a great unimpeded view west. Evening shots were cool as the contrail would be illuminated against a dark sky by the set sun.

My sister in law lives on Merritt Island and they go out in the Indian River Lagoon in their boat to watch launches.
One of these days were gonna go there to catch a launch. Hopefully we can see an SLS fly before there obsolete.

We used to see stuff like this out of Vandenberg in the early 70's. We lived across the street of a cliff with a great unimpeded view west. Evening shots were cool as the contrail would be illuminated against a dark sky by the set sun.

The launch Spacex did last year from Vandenberg was really Cool with all the camera angles. I suspect you will see more as they expand and grow.

Last edited:
That was an evening (5:30-6 ish?) winter shot that went on a southerly course? I remember something like that at my kids high school soccer game. I told the student next to me it was a missile and the start of WW3. He looked at me like I was crazy, yes... I was.

Got to see a battery of starlink satellites one night. Before they spaced out. Reminded me of the asteroid video game.

That was an evening (5:30-6 ish?) winter shot that went on a southerly course? I remember something like that at my kids high school soccer game. I told the student next to me it was a missile and the start of WW3. He looked at me like I was crazy, yes... I was.

Great cam views. And the booster stuck the landing!

Great cam views. And the booster stuck the landing!

I saw that one :D There's a bit of a mountain pass between my house and Lompoc/Vandenberg AFB, makes a great vantage point for 4 of the launch complexes on South Base.
IMG_0029.JPG

Atlas from SLC3. To the right, what looks like a building on the ridge, that's the top of the mobile service tower at SLC4.
Space X Falcons use SLC4. Reminds me, I need to check DSLR battery to be prepared for Monday and the Delta IV that leaves from the complex a little further down the beach from there. Weather lookin' a little sketchy for good viewing though.

All of this in comparison to what they are doing in Boca Chica Texas is nothing!

Starship is the future!

Just look at the money our government has squandered away on the scamdemic.... Would Elon has spent is just pocket change compared to that.... And his efforts will yield better results no doubt......

JW

What a great and fun watch for SN15 prototype today!

Spacex is kicking it!

We were sposed to have a new space hot rod launch Friday, Firefly Alpha. Maiden voyage postponed until 6/15.
Just by chance I see VAFB had a Minuteman launch set for 00:15-06:30 local today.
Launch aborted, :(

160' Tall and 30'wide of grain silo. This monster is only the proposed second stage of a near 300' tall deal.

If this ends up working, I suspect mars could be reached in week or two of flight time. BN booster to get it to orbit and this monster on top would scream there! Only testing and trial phases but darn it looks promising!

Go Elon Go!

I’m only a few hours from starbase or whatever they call it Texas. I wounded if if they let the public go view

I’m only a few hours from starbase or whatever they call it Texas. I wounded if if they let the public go view

Go down to South Padre for the SN16 launch! You will never forget. I am trying to plan that one in a few weeks.

And yes on Hwy 4 right down to the beach you can drive right up and next to it!

That "is" when the road is open and they are not moving Starships or Cranes! Check the Camden County Website for road closures!

Last edited:
Go down to South Padre for the SN16 launch! You will never forget. I am trying to plan that one in a few weeks.

And yes on Hwy 4 right down to the beach you can drive right up and next to it!

That "is" when the road is open and they are not moving Starships or Cranes! Check the Camden County Website for road closures!

When I was working on SLC6 Shuttle Launch Complex at VAFB they would run us off the job whenever there was a launch from any of the complexes. All the vehicles launched in a southerly direction and since or job was at the southern most tip of the base, everything flew over our heads on launch. They chased us out one day and on the way home I stopped at what would become my favorite vantage point to watch.
IMG_0033.JPG

The Atlas left the pad, cleared the launch mount tower and about 5 seconds later a big orange cloud filled the sky followed by a loud BOOM :eek:. Oh, that can't be good. Shortly after I got back to the house the phone rings. One of the superintendents on the line "As soon as the Air Force is satisfied that it's safe for us to go back to work, we'll call you." Some of that hillside there was a faint orange color when we returned to work.
Vandenberg_AFB_SLC-6_under_construction_in_September_1982_-_DF-SC-84-04598.jpg

'82 or '83 when we were at SLC6

Last edited:
I wish they would fix the cameras! Probably a low priority on their things to do list.

-
Back