spark plug gap for msd

-
This is direct from the MSD hotline tech.

We recommend using a good quality copper plug, stay away from the hype plugs. Use a plug 1-2 steps colder than factory recommendation. Start the gap at .035 and increase at .005 increments until yousee a nice tan/caramel color on the electrode and porcelain.

Here is a site with good information on plug selection. We are not recommending that you use this brand, the site just has excellent information.

http://www.autolite.com/carcare/techSpecs.php

Run Autolites/NGK's with all the non digital MSD's .The Autolites,good for non power booster(N20,blower ,turbo).NGK ,works well everywhere. Gapping , as per the post above.Heat range,as necessary. Start with .045-.050.

Run Autolites/NGK's with all the non digital MSD's .The Autolites,good for non power booster(N20,blower ,turbo).NGK ,works well everywhere. Gapping , as per the post above.Heat range,as necessary. Start with .045-.050.

What about the digital MSD 6AL?

Same. The AL is just a rev limiter unit.
I run a max of .050. It seems to perform the best all around there for me. I'm at sea level and run the Champs.

MSD 6AL on mine and i run Autolite Racing AR 3910's in my 408.I gap mine at .042 and i can go from now on with a set of plugs if i want to,but i change them each season for good measure .No fouling issues with the Autolites.I have ran Champions ,A/C's,and Bosh Platinums in this motor and they all burnt the electrods off within 20 passes .Autolites are the "Shizzle" IMO...

-
Back