Spark plug tubes.

-

Cuda416

Reaction score
Any negative issues removing the spark plug tubes from a magnum engine?

Any negative issues removing the spark plug tubes from a magnum engine?

Took mine off as soon as the heads went on with zero issue's and that's been a year or so ago.
I don't like peanut plugs either, so I use the standard 13/16 plug and a shaved down socket to get to them.

Nope. I removed them from my magnum powered truck many years ago. Never had an issue. I removed them from the 5.9 in my dart also.

Thanks folks, I figured that was probably the case, but one never knows what esoteric engineering decision drove the implementation of those things. They just look kind of silly to me.

Not if you use modern silicone plug wires. Can also slip a woven fiberglass heat shield over the plugs. I recall GM's LS engines use that. Come in flashy colors on ebay.

any value to them with headers, to protect the wires???

I had manifolds and headers on my truck. Never had an issue. My dart has Doug's headers and a 5.9, also no issues.

I recently bought a '98 viper GTS. It has the same spark plug tubes that magnums had. It shares quite a few parts from the magnum engines ive learned! I removed the tubes when I changed plugs and wires. No issues there either.

Just squeeze them by hand and wiggle and pull! Pliers make it super easy, but can bend them some.

-
Back