Spark plugs

-

moparmucelli

Reaction score
hi I have a 1970 Plymouth duster with a stock 360 in it with a two barrel lol I know the two barrel has to go anyways it currently has champion plugs in it and I want to change them what is a good plug to go with?

I'm wondering this as well as NGK's quality has gone downhill. Champion is made in China if I recall.

Autolite 65's. Great plugs. Then went with Eddy heads I graduated to the Autolite Racing equivalent AR3924.

You could ask this question all day long and you would most likely get different answers for 90% of the people...

IMAG0939.jpg

NGK2015c.jpg

Autolite 63's
Too cold. The factory used N13y Champions. Autolite says their 65 or 66 is the same plug. Use Champions that the engine came with. If you modify the engine then you can mess with heat ranges.

You could ask this question all day long and you would most likely get different answers for 90% of the people...

NGK GR5 work well for me too. The part stores cross the factory plug over to an NGK GR4, but that was a too hot of a plug for my engine.

You could ask this question all day long and you would most likely get different answers for 90% of the people.../QUOTE]

GR5 worked well for me too! The part stores cross the factory plug over to an NGK GR4 but that plug was too hot for my engine. GR5 was perfect.

Too cold. The factory used N13y Champions. Autolite says their 65 or 66 is the same plug. Use Champions that the engine came with. If you modify the engine then you can mess with heat ranges.
The guy that built my 360 (Bob Lambeck) installed n65y plugs but they caused noise in my stereo system being non resistor.
They cross over to autolite 62 and 63. Couldnt get 62's so i went with the 63's

-
Back