Speakers 65 cuda

-

R0K3_B3aRd

Man with a Master plan.
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know sizes of the speakers in the front and back of 1965 barracuda? thanks i want to put a system in. Any ideas on what i should go with I'm thinking about Pioneer DEH-P5000UB with like speakers but don't know what size will fit??? thanks

I believe there is only 1 speaker and that is in the middle of the dash. My suggestion, and the route that I am going, is to get a nice bluetooth portable unit and use you iphone etc instead of cutting up the interior and adding wires.

No need to cut anything up; you can add rear speakers without cutting. I bought a Kenwood 7701 and put it behind the rear seat. That was a long time ago; by now it's probably a 7703.

Yup front only from factory. Just put some speakers that are in boxes behind the seat and be done with it. No cutting her up then.

look for this thread "I'm back with my dual 3.5" speaker brackets". He has a bracket to mount dual speakers in your front factory location.

no need to cut up the car, it made it this long

You can get the dash bracket from this site and mount two 3 1/2" speakers
I made speaker boxes and mounted 4x10s in the cap between the back seat and the side of the car ( I know a little rough and I will have to make speaker covers - everything else is to wide)

Sounds great

Attachments

• IMG_4711.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_4715.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4716.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4717.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4743.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 96
I think the reason to put speakers in any car is get the best sounding system you can. how it looks is just as important as how it sounds. I put some nice Apine component 6 inch and tweeters in the front of my 66 dart. Tweeters in the dash and 6 inch in the doors. without the rear speakers it sounds very good. and I will let you decide how it looks. MT

Attachments

• 065.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 114

I made speaker boxes and mounted 4x10s in the cap between the back seat and the side of the car ( I know a little rough and I will have to make speaker covers - everything else is to wide)

Sounds great
naw there is 2 i just measured the front ones are 4 1/2 and the back ones are 6 1/2 so I'm just going to buy some infinitys kappas for the front. I got some bose for the back.. I'm not trying to cut up **** you know i already got some 6x9 type r but they are too big... like i said I'm not about to make some 6x9 fit if i already got some kappas.. and kappa are way better than alpine all day.. thanks for the input tho

i also got a 10" kappa for like 50 bucks i might as well buy it huh...what you guys think?? buy a ported box and that 10 will be pushhhhiinnnnggggggggg... straight up. i already have 2 type R with a custom made ported box. But i feel like that would be too much. So I'm just going to stick to the kappa 10" with a ported box.. IF you guys know about ported boxes then you already know that 10" will be pushin hard with a custom made portted box...

Sounds great
nicee i did measure it and it came out to 4 1/2 just the fronts tho the backs were like 6 1/2 bracket to bracket.

naw there is 2 i just measured the front ones are 4 1/2 and the back ones are 6 1/2 so I'm just going to buy some infinitys kappas for the front. I got some bose for the back.. I'm not trying to cut up **** you know i already got some 6x9 type r but they are too big... like i said I'm not about to make some 6x9 fit if i already got some kappas.. and kappa are way better than alpine all day.. thanks for the input tho

If you have speakers other than the front 6X9 they are not original.

-
Back