speaking of MIA members

-
hey - stuff happens.. I know Big Dummy got POed at someone and hasn't been back.. someone was looking for Del yesterday and I checked his profile, he hasn't been on in two weeks or so... and GeorgeH and I had a deal we were working on and suddenly *poof* - nada... I hate to think the worst - but I do..

Oklacarcollector/Bill, Efredrich, Old Tired Rebel/ Cliff to name a few lots more Im forgetting.
New site takes getting used to. Lots of new growth/members. Some are here to contribute, some are here for the sole purpose of selling Tupperware and some are here to snag deals and nothing more. Ive bought/sold stuff and thrown the odd extra goodie in on some stuff and dont get an acknowledgement that they even received their part.
Hows that go again??? Oh well

I just wrote a long post.
This is what I got when I went to post:

Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

I lost the message.....I'm sure this happens a lot to others to, but for me
it not worth the effort to share on here anymore.
Between the slow loading adds, constant signing in, pain in the *** pictures
and messaging then add to that the loss of interesting people, my interest in
the site is waning.

Fabo is no longer my homepage, I just visit mostly.

Last edited:
I still come here, but not near as often as I used to.
I can't speak for everyone, but the older I get, the less I like change.
There has been lots of recent changes here on FABO...... Some good, most of it...... not so much!

I sometimes lurk for weeks on end, but i keep coming back. This place is like my crack cocaine. I cant stay away. Sometimes peoples lives get busy, sometimes members pass away. I had not heard from Oklacarcollector in a while, i was also MIA at the time for reasons of my own. Later on i found out he passed away.

I do not think site changes are chasing people away. While I do not like some, overall it is a good site, minus the content and people which are rated great.

Me, myself, I just wanna talk, learn, help if I can anything car/Mopar.
I have plenty of spare time and there is no better way to kill it doing it here reading up and hopefully learning and helping.

I do not think site changes are chasing people away. While I do not like some, overall it is a good site, minus the content and people which are rated great.

Me, myself, I just wanna talk, learn, help if I can anything car/Mopar.
I have plenty of spare time and there is no better way to kill it doing it here reading up and hopefully learning and helping.
My sentiments exactly. I struggled with the new format for a while. Not that big a deal once you get it. I pick up more tips, ideas and info here than anywhere else. Many of the folks posting here have deep knowledge and share it freely. I see what some of the young guys are pulling off and get inspired to get busy..

That said, i do get concerned when one of our 'regulars' goes MIA...

It really bothers me when I don't see members around anymore, but it's a fact of life that it's going to happen, just like the site is going to evolve and not always be the same. All we can do is treat others the way we want to be treated so they don't get upset and leave. And keep our posting positive and be mindful that it's a family site, so young people can come and cultivate their interest.

I agree and as I get older I dislike change, but it is life. And sometimes we have to roll on learn new things and adapt. Still miss some of the others. When you come here everyday for so long you feel like you are family.

@GeorgeH - where in the heck are ya!!???

Missing person.jpg

hey - stuff happens.. I know Big Dummy got POed at someone and hasn't been back.. someone was looking for Del yesterday and I checked his profile, he hasn't been on in two weeks or so... and GeorgeH and I had a deal we were working on and suddenly *poof* - nada... I hate to think the worst - but I do..
I'll try and Email Dell and see what's up

Anyone know how Tom , DusterManiac is doing? Like him, I lost a loved one.
While he hasn't been on FABO in awhile, perhaps someone can email or call him to get him back on FABO...... certainly won't hurt to send out some support......

It took a little to get use to the new site but now I can't remember what the old one was like! And as others have said about the amount of knowledge here... I just told my wife last night (after coming home after starting my Duster for the first time since the engine swap) that FABO members should be proud!! You guys have taught me almost everything I know about these cars!! Yes, growing up I helped dad work on stuff but he was never into electrical repair stuff and in the last 2 weeks I've done some electrical mods/repairs that 2 years ago would've freaked me out! I've learned ALOT on here in the last 3-4 years and it's all thanks to the wonderful members on here!! Thanks a ton everyone!! And if you're thinking about not coming around much anymore, just remember that your contribution could help a younggun like me get interested in and stay interested in the hobby

Emailed Del , everythings OK just taking a breather. Probably getting some more Craigslist stuff for us.

Yeah Del is fine. Talked to him the other night.

and no offense to anyone who accesses on a phone, but I cannot for the life of me figure out why people even surf the net using a tiny *** device with an even tinier screen. Makes no sense to me. But to each their own.

and no offense to anyone who accesses on a phone, but I cannot for the life of me figure out why people even surf the net using a tiny *** device with an even tinier screen. Makes no sense to me. But to each their own.
Cause I've got it with me at all times, don't have a computer and can navigate stuff much better/quicker than on a computer. And since I check FABO 20+ times a day (yes I may be addicted) it'd be real inconvenient to have to use a computer. Lol

I keep telling my brother that, and he can't see why i would sit in front of a computer screen.
To each their own is right.

-
Back