Special Dedicated Harlen Sharp Edelbrock RPM Rockers?

-

GTX JOHN

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was looking on the Harlan Sharp Rocker Descriptions
and it has a special Rocker that only fits RPM and Trick Flow
Big Block heads and nothing else. I have always just run a regular
roller rocker for standard Mopar big block heads with no issue.

The Geometry and fit looks fine and I have made 100s of runs with
them.

What have I overlooked and missed?

Hmm, thats interesting but can't be of any help since I've only had the hs for the trickflow heads.
If I remember correctly they're more expensive than the regular also.

I have not tried them but I suspect they’re more on top of the little little things on the geometry set up. I’ve also run comp rockers without issues, however, they have not been apart to check guide wear over the years.

I was looking on the Harlan Sharp Rocker Descriptions
and it has a special Rocker that only fits RPM and Trick Flow
Big Block heads and nothing else. I have always just run a regular
roller rocker for standard Mopar big block heads with no issue.

The Geometry and fit looks fine and I have made 100s of runs with
them.

What have I overlooked and missed?

HS makes a series for the trickflow heads that are different…..

Designed Specifically for the Trickflow 240 or 270 Heads
the "KE" Series Rockers have improved valve stem alignment due to the rollers being moved inward towards the centerline .040***

mopar_ratio_160x160.jpg

bbm_R_L_160x160.jpg

They make no mention( that I can find) of making anything specific for big block Eddie heads….

They do make specific rockers for SMALL block Eddie heads though..perhaps that is where the confusion is

SMALL BLOCK MOPAR V8​

• Regular price$972.00

Fits:
1964-91 "LA" 273-360
Special Notes:
  • Needle bearing allow for more oil flow to the rockers.
  • Oil restrictors may be necessary to maintain oil pressure.
  • Rockers are designed for big lift cams requiring .100 to .150 taller valves.
  • Rocker shafts are drilled to allow for 3/8 mounting hardware.
  • Rocker spring clearance is limited to 1.500 if more spring clearance is required,
    contact our customer service department to discuss your options.
Designed Specifically for the Edelbrock Performer Head the "KE" Series Rockers have improved valve stem alignment
Billet

Not sure about Harland sharp, but I run the old Crane Gold rockers on my TF 240 without any issues. I would think the "regular" harland sharp and the crane gold would be fairly similar as they both were available before Trick Flow come about.

This thread made me question whether or not I got the right HS rockers for my TF heads so I checked and what do you know.... Sure enough I got the wrong ones. Return requested and the right ones ordered. lol

Thanks, Bill

Last edited:
This thread made me question whether or not I got the right HS rockers for me TF heads so I checked and what do you know.... Sure enough I got the wrong ones. Return requested and the right ones ordered. lol

Thanks, Bill

You may still need a correction kit from B3 racing engines. At least take the measurements and check. That’s FREE and FREE is a very good price (Tom Peterson said so many times).

You may still need a correction kit from B3 racing engines. At least take the measurements and check. That’s FREE and FREE is a very good price (Tom Peterson said so many times).
YeaH, I spoke to Mike and he gave me the specifics to measure. Block just got back from the machine shop so my builder is finally starting to put it together and of course, I don't have rockers to check valve to piston clearance or much else.... lol

YeaH, I spoke to Mike and he gave me the specifics to measure. Block just got back from the machine shop so my builder is finally starting to put it together and of course, I don't have rockers to check valve to piston clearance or much else.... lol

Ain’t that how it always goes lol.

I know they are recommended by Trick Flow, but I remember reading the “E” at the end of the part number was for Edelbrock

IMG_5011.png

Last edited:
HS makes a series for the trickflow heads that are different…..

Designed Specifically for the Trickflow 240 or 270 Heads
the "KE" Series Rockers have improved valve stem alignment due to the rollers being moved inward towards the centerline .040***

View attachment 1716108542

View attachment 1716108543

They make no mention( that I can find) of making anything specific for big block Eddie heads….

They do make specific rockers for SMALL block Eddie heads though..perhaps that is where the confusion is

SMALL BLOCK MOPAR V8​

• Regular price$972.00

Fits:
1964-91 "LA" 273-360
Special Notes:
  • Needle bearing allow for more oil flow to the rockers.
  • Oil restrictors may be necessary to maintain oil pressure.
  • Rockers are designed for big lift cams requiring .100 to .150 taller valves.
  • Rocker shafts are drilled to allow for 3/8 mounting hardware.
  • Rocker spring clearance is limited to 1.500 if more spring clearance is required,
    contact our customer service department to discuss your options.
Designed Specifically for the Edelbrock Performer Head the "KE" Series Rockers have improved valve stem alignment
Billet
No Sir.
Thanks for the feedback but they
definitely do make a specific rocker for
Big Block for Edelbrock and Trick Flow heads.

No Sir.

they do for trick flow, I posted from the web page earlier in the thread, you must have not read it.
I didn’t find anything Eddie big block specific, I may have missed it.
they do have Eddie small block specific rockers, I posted that from the website above as well.

I know they are recommended by Trick Flow, but I remember reading the “E” at the end of the part number was for Edelbrock

View attachment 1716108846
I believe these are Big Block specific Edelbrock/Trich Flow
rockers that I was discussing.
Again thank for the input = I am old and not really familiar with
all the newer pieces that i should be anymore.
I read all the posts a couple times each and appreciate them all!
There is another on ending in 015 instead of 016 that is also specific
for these two heads but 1.5 instead of 1.6.

All this being said, I have run the Edelbrock RPM with conventional
head rockers for around 20 years and have been raced and street driven
all those years = The guides have looked great the one time I freshened them
up some years ago. It was at LVMS Mopars this year (Station @ 3600ft)
and it can still run High 10's l thruthe quiet mufflers and Air Cleaner on -
the way I drive it to work. However, it has a mild 540 lift cam and 130 lbs on the seat.
What would happen with 300+ on the seatand 700 lift I do not know?
That is why I posed this question on rockers.

Last edited:
No Sir.

I didn’t say they didn’t. I just posted what is on the HS website. They do mention TF specific rockers, I didn’t see where they mentioned Eddie specific rockers. May just be an issue with the website.
Probably is, because looks like on Summit’s site they do, as someone posted.

They do mention Eddie specific rockers for small block.

The “E” at the end of the part number is for “Edelbrock”.
Those rockers existed before TF heads did.

As mentioned from the HS website, they’re shorter than the std rockers, which are too long for Ede heads.

-
Back