Special Power steering Exhaust Manifold ?

-

one mile

Reaction score
:dontknow: I have been told I need a special Exhaust Manifold if I run power Steering on my '65 Barracuda 273. I need some help. I have changed it over from Manual to Power for my Daughter. The Part number on the Manifold I have is 2465847. Anybody ? Thanks, Tim

I think you should be good but Im not sure, here is a pic of dads 67 273 with ps if that helps??

Attachments

• DSCF6991 (Medium).jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 259
The slant six steering gear uses a different control valve housing for the return line. This maybe the the issue. One is straight and one is at an angle.

Brian

Your 65 has a narrower engine bay than 4spdragtop's 67, so your exhaust manifolds will be closer to the inner fenders. Still, no problem. I have power steering in my 65 Dart 273 and I think only 1 exhaust manifold then (for all 273's any year I think). You will have trouble getting the pwr steering gear in or out, if you ever deal with that. I had to jack the driver's side of the engine up 2" to get mine in, and still scratched my new paint.

I took a power steering gear box off of a 65 Dart GT in bone yard and put in my 64 Valiant with 65 273 manifolds.....it clears. Like said above you may need to jack the motor up or take the starter off and drop the drag-link but.........it may not clear the dump of the manifold though doing it this way...........it's been along time since my car had ps on it.

The Motor is out of the Car so I will put it on as I put it in (you know what I am saying). HOPE to do that Next month if work goes O.K. (3rd is tough) My Daughter is going to be 16 in April and is giving me FITS to finish but I have so many SAFETY upgrades to finish she does not understand this is not a normal build for me. But as we all know NONE are normal and a HOT ROD is never finished ! CAPTAIN I'M GIVIN HER ALL SHE'S GOT !!!!!
Thanks for input , TIM :violent2:

-
Back