Spectre cold air intake

-
Yea on my buddies Honda, biggest piece of ****/waste of money ever. Ended up taking it out and replacing it with a k&n setup.

Is it more expensive than dryer duct? If yes, then I would say no.

Is it more expensive than dryer duct? If yes, then I would say no.

Dryer duct is will work but not the best. You really want a nice smooth constant airflow. Dryer duct will flow air but is very turbulent so not that great to work. The k&n metal pipe with a smooth polished duct and a simple (though non working) MAS with work great.

I had clearance issues, wanted to keep a flat hood. thought I would give it a try. I agree a $$$$$

Attachments

• spectre.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 364
Yeah but that's nothing more than a way expensive HOT AIR system. Screw all that. No offense....it does look good.

If it pulls air from around the engine, it's NOT a CAI. I know they advertise it as such, but they are simply wrong.

Spectre has worked super hard lately to disguise the fact that they are cheap Chinese-made trash. Butter bolts, shitty aluminum, and filters so restrictive and poorly made I refuse to use them because I don't want my engine ingesting that crap.

Spend the money, do it right. I like K&N, and if you can sell an old carburetor or two, get the fresh air system from ramairbox.com or similar.

Is hood clearance an issue?

I find it interesting that on spectre's website for the 4 barrel air cleaners it says nowhere "cold air" but, then on the summit website they are all listed as "cold air" makes me think summit messed that one up. :banghead:

As for it being chinese, well what isn't nowadays?

I bought my dad a spectre air cleaner kit 2 years ago, its the one pictured below. I thought the quality was pretty good. yeah the tubes have the same characteristics as dryer tubes but they are made of some nice and think plastic so they should last for a while. and if you don't like the dryer tubes you can just get the air cleaner now and use smooth tubing. Also after 2 years this thing looks like new still, no rust anywhere no broken plastic tubes or anything. I am very happy with it overall.

cold-air-intake.jpg

Is hood clearance an issue? YES there is, Not much room, carb to the bottom of the hood, and I want to keep a flat hood on this car, I'm going to give it a try and see, I also purchased two shields that deflects the heat from the headers.

-
Back