Speed master BB heads?

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
So my porting guy can get stupid numbers out of the big block chevy ones. (I watched him flow a set and they out flow big dollar sets.) how do the BB MOPAR ones flow?

The price is good but I worry about valve train geometry and portability. He thinks he can work some magic but I'm worried. (He has not done a set for BB MOPAR yet)

I already have a set of 906's that have 2.20 Intake valves 1.80 exhaust and work done. I think I could get him to flow the 906 or let.me flow them for free.

I like the idea of aluminum but I know cheep, big HP and reliability don't go in the same sentence let alone the same build...

Any one mess with these and have flow data they can share?

Last edited:
So my porting guy can get stupid numbers out of the big block chevy ones. (I watched him flow a set and they out flow big dollar sets.) how do the BB MOPAR ones flow?
The price is good but I worry about valve train geometry and portability. He thinks he can work some magic but I'm worried. (He has not done a set for BB MOPAR yet)

I already have a set of 906's that have 2.20 Intake valves 1.80 exhaust and work done. I think I could get him to flow the 906 or let.me flow them for free.

I like the idea of aluminum but I know cheep, big HP and reliability don't go in the same sentence let alone the same build...

Any one mess with these and have flow data they can share?

the first set I did, I struck water. If you want high flow, I'd have them done by someone very experienced in MOPAR BB. If you can afford it, I'd go with CNC ported.

CNC... no thanks. I'd rather have my guy do it by hand while flowing them every step of the way. This way if all goes south we know we're we were and what did what, if we have to start over. CNC just follows a program and that's fine for never fu*king up but not so good at pushing the limit . :)

Most likely I'm gonna do a labor trade on the porting any way. So the cost ain't a huge deal. I just wanna know where to put my time.

How'd your second set turn out?

CNC... no thanks. I'd rather have my guy do it by hand while flowing them every step of the way. This way if all goes south we know we're we were and what did what, if we have to start over. CNC just follows a program and that's fine for never fu*king up but not so good at pushing the limit . :)

Most likely I'm gonna do a labor trade on the porting any way. So the cost ain't a huge deal. I just wanna know where to put my time.

How'd your second set turn out?
the first set, had to be welded, twice, because they leaked. They went like hell in a rail, but it was pure WAG work, I didn't have a flow bench, or sonic tester. After that I just stuck to bowl work, port matching, grinding valves and seats. Once burned, twice shy, at least as far as BB.

-
Back