SPEED TV may cancel Pass Time

-
Speed Tv Has been Nascrap ever since it was changed from speedvision many years ago. Their entire focus is Nascrap. You used to be able to watch some great "car" shows all types of racing, Indy car (cart) rally and on and on... now its Nascrap 24/7. BUT I really do not like pass time. The main announcer is annoying as hell.

I am with Crackedback on this one. Speed used to kick ***. What happened to World Rally (Best drivers in the world), Isle of Man TT(200 mph on two wheels on public roads) and Pikes Peak hill climb (Those guys have balls)? I guess at least they still have F1 which I have the Canadian GP recorded right now. Now it's Nascar 22 hours a day and reruns of Passtime. I like Passtime, but I have seen every episode 5 times at least. Ugh! email sent.

I couldn't agree more. There were some great shows on in the past... Love F1 and wish I could watch a little Raikkonen rally! Nascar has ruined road racing in america. Shoot you used to be able to watch Karting too!

Speed Tv Has been Nascrap ever since it was changed from speedvision many years ago. Their entire focus is Nascrap. You used to be able to watch some great "car" shows all types of racing, Indy car (cart) rally and on and on... now its Nascrap 24/7. BUT I really do not like pass time. The main announcer is annoying as hell.

Exactly how i feel. I remember when it was speedvision and being late for highschool because the series "legends of motorsports" would have a 30minute show showing highlights of classic(non-nascrap) racing.

For awhile i dug pinks, but then it got pretty lame with the all-out series.(someone destroy that opening music please)

And lets not forget the other, extremely crappy show "drag race high" that was on for a short while. The only truth to the name is that someone must have been high when they thought it would be interesting to have two schools build cars they werent allowed to race, so they lamed it up with pro drivers.

Passtime, is an interesting idea, but its no surprise that it will lose ratings when each show has its "ringer" contestant.

Exactly how i feel. I remember when it was speedvision and being late for highschool because the series "legends of motorsports" would have a 30minute show showing highlights of classic(non-nascrap) racing.

For awhile i dug pinks, but then it got pretty lame with the all-out series.(someone destroy that opening music please)

And lets not forget the other, extremely crappy show "drag race high" that was on for a short while. The only truth to the name is that someone must have been high when they thought it would be interesting to have two schools build cars they werent allowed to race, so they lamed it up with pro drivers.

Passtime, is an interesting idea, but its no surprise that it will lose ratings when each show has its "ringer" contestant.

I appreciate you comments, no matter how ill informed. I produce PASSTIME and the "extremly crappy show drag race high".

Let me just clear up a couple of your misconceptions:

1) Drag Race High had pro drivers because we couldn't get the schools to sign off on kids driving. We weren't high when we thought it would be a good idea...the show really opened up oppertunities for kids that didn't have them and more importantly exposed them to a sport I personally love Drag Racing.

2)"Passtime" has fine ratings...its the NASCAR direction that is hurting the chances of new shows...and that "ringer" contestant is there because we want to insure that at least someone on the stage is entertaining.

DartorDemon I am sure you have better ideas than I do about how to expose more people to Drag Racing my email is [email protected] feel free to email me anytime.

Ray

Welcome aboard and thanks for clearing things up abit.

I appreciate you comments, no matter how ill informed. I produce PASSTIME and the "extremly crappy show drag race high".

1) Drag Race High had pro drivers because we couldn't get the schools to sign off on kids driving. We weren't high when we thought it would be a good idea...the show really opened up oppertunities for kids that didn't have them and more importantly exposed them to a sport I personally love Drag Racing.

2)"Passtime" has fine ratings...its the NASCAR direction that is hurting the chances of new shows...and that "ringer" contestant is there because we want to insure that at least someone on the stage is entertaining.

DartorDemon I am sure you have better ideas than I do about how to expose more people to Drag Racing my email is [email protected] feel free to email me anytime.

Ray

Ray,

Do an all Mopar show so Ken's head will explode! :-D

I like the show.

Sent mine in. That Show started at Great Lakes Dragway in Kenosha WI, I go to that track 2 or 3 times a season, they have some great cars show up there out of Chi Town, supposedly Great lakes is the oldest dragstrip in the US, dont know for sure but thats what i have heard. ANYTHING is better then NASCAR. NASCAR is a joke. getting to be the same with the John force show......

Ray

Thanks for jumping in Ray. I was definitely losing them.

Guy's, it's either we band together to save Pass Time or you will see more NASCAR related shows. If we can demostrate collectively that the drag racing or car hobbyist community is supporting a certain type of show it will send a loud and clear message to SPEED TV. It may also open up possibilities for other forms of motorsports to be seen as well.

It's that simple.

sscuda

8)

Ray

That's all fine and dandy for the kids, but it doesnt make for much of an interesting show when it comes to end episode when they race. At the very least i think it would have been better to have non-pro drivers doing the races. Sure the school wouldnt sign off on the kids, but why not the teachers? In the second season both of the teachers had a drag race with their personal race cars. It doesnt seem like it would have been much of a stretch to get them to race with the student's car. IMO part of the success of the pinks and pinks all out series is that it exposes people to the type of drag racing that joe blow can get into and enjoy. Rather then the high dollar pro stuff, that to me is not even interesting to watch.

As for pass time, why not mix it up with a different person that can be entertaining, or find contestants that actually know cars. I mean i've watched episodes when its just him winning every round

That's all fine and dandy for the kids, but it doesnt make for much of an interesting show when it comes to end episode when they race. At the very least i think it would have been better to have non-pro drivers doing the races. Sure the school wouldnt sign off on the kids, but why not the teachers? In the second season both of the teachers had a drag race with their personal race cars. It doesnt seem like it would have been much of a stretch to get them to race with the student's car. IMO part of the success of the pinks and pinks all out series is that it exposes people to the type of drag racing that joe blow can get into and enjoy. Rather then the high dollar pro stuff, that to me is not even interesting to watch.

As for pass time, why not mix it up with a different person that can be entertaining, or find contestants that actually know cars. I mean i've watched episodes when its just him winning every round

We didnt have the teachers drive because it was a chance to expose the kids to more pros..the philosophy was/is simple...not everyone can drive but if you love Drag Racing there is a place for u, Mechanic, Public Relations, Marketing, Driving the truck, spectator...whatever....DRH is coming back in 2011 on MTV2 with some of your concerns addressed...as far as the "high Dollar Stuff" goes in a way we wanted fantasy camp for those kids...some will never have that chance again...anyway....

As far as Ken goes...he's a good guy and not going anywhere...It means more when you get the time right AND beat Ken...and for the record Ken's average is about 60%...the shows where he wins every round....in 110 shows it has happen only 3 times. Those are the facts.

BTW, I haven't done an all Mopar show because either there aren't enough or...they all run so close to the same time I spread them out over episodes (we typically shoot 11 shows in 2 days).

Anyway - I appreciate your support and hopefully will see you at a track soon.

Ray

I'll send in an email if you do something for me.

Send an email to Speed that they need to hire Paul Page away from ESPN2 so I can stand to watch Drag Racing again.

Chuck

well nice to see you chimed in on this topic

any type of car related show would be great,,,a little less nascar,, maybe some old vintage nascar,, like in the 60s and 70s even drag race high,,,what happend to the other shows like dream car garage??? love tow guys garage,,,my classic car,,all those type shows,,

I like Pass Time but, I think it has run it's course. Speeds Nascar stuff is just ridiculous, and redundant. I miss those goofy but arrogant ( who can't drive a muscle car )Canucks on Sportscar Revolution and Dream car Garage. Also those American Muscle car shows.

I don't know if this is a repost but here goes anyway.

It seems that SPEED TV is thinking about cancelling Pass Time, for what ever reason. No one seems to know why the show may be axed.

Pullin TV the company that produces Pass Time has asked all "car people" that watch the show to write in (email) and tell them why the show should stay on the air. They will then take all the emails to SPEED TV in an attempt to save the show from being cut.

I for one enjoy the show. I also like to watch Pinks - All Out when I can. SPEED TV, in my humble opinion show way too much NASCAR related shows and not enough drag racing. The SPEED TV cooking show and the talent show are not worth watching, but again it's just my opinion.

If you want to save Pass Time, email [email protected] and let your voice be heard.

Thanks in advance for helping out.

sscuda

=P~

E-mail sent (sent 3 actually from different e-mail addresses). You're right Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much NASCAR AND WAY TOO LITTLE OF DRAG RACING!!!!

I don't know if this is a repost but here goes anyway.

It seems that SPEED TV is thinking about cancelling Pass Time, for what ever reason. No one seems to know why the show may be axed.

Pullin TV the company that produces Pass Time has asked all "car people" that watch the show to write in (email) and tell them why the show should stay on the air. They will then take all the emails to SPEED TV in an attempt to save the show from being cut.

I for one enjoy the show. I also like to watch Pinks - All Out when I can. SPEED TV, in my humble opinion show way too much NASCAR related shows and not enough drag racing. The SPEED TV cooking show and the talent show are not worth watching, but again it's just my opinion.

If you want to save Pass Time, email [email protected] and let your voice be heard.

Thanks in advance for helping out.

sscuda

=P~

All I can say is "CASH IS GOOD" LOL

All,

Ray Iddings just announced on YB that Pass Time has been picked up for more episodes.

Thanks to all who wrote in (emailed) and supported Pass Time.

sscuda

-
Back