Speedmaster Aluminum SB Heads

-

340inabbody

Reaction score
Guys whats the deal with these heads? Anyone use these or have experience with them?

IMG_9913.png

Guys whats the deal with these heads? Anyone use these or have experience with them?

View attachment 1716157492
And I'll give my real life testimony/review...
I have a set on a 360, installed about 3 years ago or so.... no issues, no complaints, works great with factory valve train/rockers (I have a small cam), still on the car as of today :)

I have a pair, bought them bare, had them ported, built with my cam specs. 2.05, 1.60 valves. They work like all the others but it depends on your build, expectations and intended use.

And I'll give my real life testimony/review...
I have a set on a 360, installed about 3 years ago or so.... no issues, no complaints, works great with factory valve train/rockers (I have a small cam), still on the car as of today :)
:thumbsup:

I bought a set on Black Friday the CNC 190’s loaded with roller springs. They have held up great in their boxes in the loft waiting for the day I get off my *** and do something with them.

Thanks guys! Yes, I found and read some threads. My interest is more about operating in the desert heat here in Phoenix and helping prevent detonation. Currently with my set up I have to run a little retarded to stave off detonation. It’s the engine I got I didn’t build it. So reliably, compatibility and thermal are what interests me versus performance.

I bought a set on Black Friday the CNC 190’s loaded with roller springs. They have held up great in their boxes in the loft waiting for the day I get off my *** and do something with them.
I have a pair in the basement waiting for the same deal.

If you have a pair in the basement AND your waiting for the deal to buy another set……..you must be working on a twin engine dragster!
I think the “deal” he’s waiting on is the “waiting for the day I get off my *** and do something with them.” lol

Thanks guys! Yes, I found and read some threads. My interest is more about operating in the desert heat here in Phoenix and helping prevent detonation. Currently with my set up I have to run a little retarded to stave off detonation. It’s the engine I got I didn’t build it. So reliably, compatibility and thermal are what interests me versus performance.
I run the small chamber Eddies on my 367. The KB107s are up out of the hole and I run .039 gaskets for about .032 Q. The Scr maths to about 11/1, and the cylinder pressure is currently near but not over 180psi.
This engine runs on 87E10 all day long at full timing, and is impossible to overheat. It's been set up like this since 2004.. I am at 900ish feet. I have run her up to 11.3 Scr and pressure just over 195psi with a different cam, and it too ran on 87E10 with full timing.
She has been all across Western Canada and down South as far as Minneapolis Minnesota on the hottest days of summer.
Yur gonna really like alloy heads.

BTW, I have run the Q as tight as about .026/.028 with no issues. If your pistons are down in the holes enough to push the Q higher than .050, I can't promise you'll get the same results. Do what you gotta do to get under .040. If you have to, run the .028 gaskets, but prep the sealing surfaces, as 200 psi will want to push the fire rings towards the valley.
It's better to run 028s and a Q of .040,
than 039s and Q over over .050
Q of .028 and pressure of 195psi, was friggen awesome!! But that cam died. RIP little 223/230/110

-
Back