Speedmaster intake porting. Hopefully I can make something out of this

-
My problem was the heads turned out great and I was trying to take advantage of that. But at the same time doing so on a budget to help him. He’s trying to buy a house in Colorado and the houses he’s looking at are 400,000.00 plus so he’s gotta watch his spending. “Ugly Betty” his butt ugly Torquer intake would have probably killed this intake with the same amount of time spent.

I bet most people eyeballing those are sold on that, along with that it’s “aluminum and looks the part” and it’s cheap. No other reason otherwise.
Everyone is so eager to curse the intake down. It’s cheap and gotta be better than not having one. Same as the heads were garbage. Now 1/4 of the site has them garbage heads and they are actually pretty dam good. Even PBR did up a set for his kid. Now IMM & PRH are working on these heads. My machinest was impressed with them. Kim

Everyone is so eager to curse the intake down. It’s cheap and gotta be better than not having one. Same as the heads were garbage. Now 1/4 of the site has them garbage heads and they are actually pretty dam good. Even PBR did up a set for his kid. Now IMM & PRH are working on these heads. My machinest was impressed with them. Kim
Don’t get me wrong, I’m definitely not eager to bash the intake. If someone wanted something to be able to put a four barrel on their 5.2/5.9 by all means it’s an option. But for regular guys that know how or want to port, whether they can replicate what’s been excellently shown, can possibly come close with their own ideas or not, up to affording to send it out, and are performance minded it’s serious time and/or money to get there. My way of thinking is at that point time and/or money equals an Edelbrock if it has to have the Magnum bolt pattern, or anything else if an LA, leaving one to spend their time/money porting the SM heads (which my son bought recently with my advice so I’ll be monkeying with those myself shortly) Not bashing no sir:)

-
Back