Speedmaster/Procomp Heads - New combo kit???

-
Anybody else try a set of these heads? Is there a shop that is selling them complete, checked out and with decent valvesprings, retainers, locks, etc. for an semi to aggressive flat tappet cam???

Cant find anything on ebay

They pop up every now and again on ebay. Keep checking every couple of days. I'm going to get a set of these with my next tax return.

What you describe is exactly what I will be putting these heads on (.030 over 340). As for Bolt and Go, I have not yet seen any reason why you could not but I am still skeptical and will double check everything first. Especially the valve springs as I will be running a fair stout cam (Lunati -
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Duration 276/284, Lift .513/.533). Also like others have said, Gotta check the piston height and use the right thickness head gasket.

As for how these compare to stock X Heads?? I strongly believe they will flow MUCH better and deliver a lot more horse power. I do plan on buying some Dyno time once everything is all together. I do happen to have a fresh set of X Heads, A set of J heads with 2.02`s and a set of older econo W2`s all sitting on the shelf. I wish I had the time and money to do a side by side on all 4 set
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]s but that is pretty unlikely.
[/FONT]
Anything new on those heads??

And it shows he was on the Forum Wednesday so those Speedmaster heads should have some serious miles on them now...?

I still pop in here from time to time. Sorry I never really followed up in this thread from 5 years ago.

Was really shocked to see that horrible video I did 5 years ago now has over 34,000 views on Youtube. (Need to tell Speedmaster they owe me a discount next time I order from them. LOL)

The heads worked out great. Made great power on the 408 short block I put them on. My Machine shop didn't find any issues with them. Everything checked out and they went on just like they came out of the box.

I was more than happy with the HP it was making but never did get it on a dyno like I had planned. Only problem I had with that build was I could never get the power to the ground with the stock suspension. It would get loose every time you got in it.

After I finished the build ended up selling that Duster (Like an Idiot, I will always regret selling that one) as I found an all original 340 TX9 Cuda that I had to have. Later sold that car and now have a 440 Duster.

As to how they hold up over the years, I can't say as the car has been sold a couple times since it left me and I don't know who has it now.

If I could find that same deal again, I would take it in a heartbeat. I got a set of CNC Ported Aluminum Heads complete, Air Gap Clone Intake, 950 Billet Carb and Cheap China Rocker arms all for under $1,300. Sold the Carb for $400 and the Rockers for $150. That put me at $750 for a set of CNC Ported Aluminum Heads and Air Gap Intake. I then sold the J Heads and Intake that came off the Motor for $500 so the whole upgrade actually cost me $250 out of pocket. Talk about Bang for the Buck!

Hell yes it was worth it. Would buy them again (And have bought another set last year for a 340 I have sitting on a motor stand right now when Speedmaster offered a 30% sale at the end of the year. I think I was about $790 to my doorstep on those thanks to the sale).

I am rebuilding the 440 out of my current Duster now and will be giving the 440 Source Aluminum heads a try on that one.

are the rocker shaft bolt holes heli-coiled?
are the rocker shafts oiled the std. LA way? site says thru pushrod.
are these the same heads that are in EngineMasters magazine ported by Dr.J's Performance?
Yes they are, but i did have some trouble with the helicoils some of them had a bad installation from factory and its LA style.
//Rob

There are no Flow numbers on the website. I hope to find a local shop that can check them out for me once they come in. I will pay to get them put on a flow bench and also have them checked over completely before they get put on (Still hoping someone can point me towards a good local machine shop that does performance head work). I will post all the results.

I believe that these are the exact same Procomp heads that are discussed here: Latest 408 from MRL Performance

I am expecting to have to put some more money in these heads before they get bolted on but I am thinking that selling off some of the parts from this kit that I dont want like the carb (950cfm is a little much for my motor) will go a long way towards paying that off.
Hi there,here you have some Flow info of my heads and picture.... https://New in here need some advice SB 360 Cam selectionwww.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/new-in-here-need-some-advice-sb-360-cam-selection.384223/page-3

Observe that these one Flow better then a pair of stock Rpm heads becouse a good 5 angle valve job.. Done in Sweden

best regards.
Rob

-
Back