Speedo driven Gear

-

BlackBrick

The Cult Mechanicus
Reaction score
So finished my rear end swap. 3.23s in an 8.25 - Running BFGoodrich Radial T/A - P205/70R14 25 inch tire.

Found in this thread:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=133767&highlight=speedometer

I need a 34 tooth speedo drive gear to get the speedo back to close to right specs.

Question is, does anyone know where I can find one?

Getting ready to work on the trans a bit, so just want to have all my ducks right there so I can shoot them all at once.

Found this one on Ebag:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPA...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a63c13f6b

Does this seem like it might be the trick?

I'll have to give them a ring. Going to do a shift kit and replace the selector shaft seal, and replace the nasty warped stock pan for a MP deep. Install floor shifter and I can call the driveline finally done (for now).

A and A transmission sells the speedo pinions! Look for his web site on line!

Attachments

• cuda_pix_outside_fall_2010_[nov._28]_004.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 138
I just looked on Year One and they only have 34 or 36 at over $70.00 each. You might try Brewers Proformance and see if they can help find automatic parts.

Yeah, good luck finding one for a reasonable price, I think that's the same size I had to track down. The big issue is that no one is remaking them. Got mine from Brewers for around $40, I think Passon was charging near that too. I think I called A and A back when I was looking for them, they have rotating stock and it's just luck if they have the size you need, but they had the best price because they charged the same regardless of the gear. I got a 31 tooth for $15 from YearOne I think, but a 34 is three times the price.

Awesome, thanks guys! I might even try calling the guy I got the rear end from and see if he has the mated trans to pluck that part out of. If it isn't chewed up, I might be able to score one that way. Thanks all around!

-
Back