speedodometer adjustment

-

sireland67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
How do you properly align the speedometer gear to the trans on a 833?
It has different settings for the tooth count.
thanks

The adapter has 3 sets of ranges of numbers. What ever tooth count your gear is you align the adapter to the line on the housing of the trans located at the 6 O'clock position so the tooth count is in that range. I don't have a picture of a 833 setup but here's one of the torqueflite adapter which I think is similar.

Attachments

• TF speedo housing and seals.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 326
Thanks that is what I needed.

When you plug in the speedo adapter turn it until the pinion hits the gear on the output shaft then back it off ever so slightly so your speedo gear doesnt wear out. Also use a small screwdriver or nail in the square cable drive to try to turn the pinion once its locked down, if it turns its not in right. This will save you an extra trip under the car.

When you plug in the speedo adapter turn it until the pinion hits the gear on the output shaft then back it off ever so slightly so your speedo gear doesnt wear out.

Since the clamp engages the slots in the "plug" just how do you go about doing this?

There is a little leeway when the slots are lined up, its not much, I prefer to feel for the gears to line up then set the clip in slots where it needs to go.

-
Back