Speedometer cable length?

-

tekslk

Reaction score
I need to change the speedometer cable on my 67 notch back barracuda does anyone no the length? When I google it, it comes up 64 and 80.

64 is correct for your car. Confirm what type input your speedometer has. Correct 67 has a screw on collecter nut just like whats on the trans. 68 up has a clip on cable end. At 40+ years old the speedometer may have been replaced and changed.

Don't accept one that is longer. I ordered one from NAPA back when I was restoring mine and it was so long it wouldn't work. So now its some what used and they wouldn't take it back.

I just called rock auto and cancelled order they show the 84 inch with no alternate one, anyone no a good place to get the 64 inch at.

I just called rock auto and cancelled order they show the 84 inch with no alternate one, anyone no a good place to get the 64 inch at.

I did the same thing for dads 67 cuda and paid $26 to ship the frickin thing!! Gimme a couple minutes I will get you the correct part # for $11!!

Ok, Y804 is the cable you need, here is a summit link. It is made by ATP Y804 is there part #
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ATP-Y804/

We are still having issues with dads speedometer, but have to figure it out. When you get the cable, you may need to trim/shorten the end that goes into the speedo, as it would "bind" on the speedo and stop it from moving. Rockauto customer service sucks!!

I found the one at summit I also pulled inner cable and greased that may fix mine I will road check this afternoon.

Installed tonight it seams like a loose fit around speedo head does this hurt anything? Jacked up in the garage and it seams to work great.

Just so the cable is making a straight shot at the input. Doesn't have to be very tight fitting threads to hold it there. Later models have a plastic sheathe end that snapped on.

-
Back