Speedometer cable?

-

Aaron65

Reaction score
I have a broken speedometer cable in the Dart...170 3-speed. Any ideas where to find a new one, or has anybody found a suitable replacement?

Am assuming it's for a 65. If it's just the inner cable that can be easily replaced. Otherwise it will most likely be a used one or possibly a NOS one on eBay $$$$$. I might have one but will have to do some digging in the storage building.

It is for a '65...As far as I know, it's just the inner cable that needs replacing. I pulled it out and it's snapped. I've been under the car, but to be honest, I didn't even check the cable sheath at the transmission yet.

For now, to stay positive, I'll say it just needs an inner.

Cool, I'll check it out! Thanks to all...I'll let you know if I run across a bump in the road with it...

Deluxe Speedometer 1976 S Bannock St, Denver, CO 80223
(303) 629-6958 got one for my 64 dart about $13.00 perfect fit and ends, or got new housing with inter speedo cable total $47.00

As I side note to the speedometer cable question. Can the "orings" at the transmission side be replaced or does the whole cable need to be replaced?

Found the whole cable on Amazon for my '65 Valiant. Can't recall the price, but it was low enough that I could gamble if it didn't fit my GM sourced T5.

If you are referring to this

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/ATP-YC-100-Speedometer-Cable-Make/dp/B000C8TBK0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399080283&sr=8-1&keywords=65+valiant+speedometer+cable"]Amazon.com: ATP YC-100 Speedometer Cable Make Up Kit: Automotive[/ame]

I personally installed one of these and it worked great. Just need to be careful when cutting it.

if it is a screw on versus a clip style I have an unused one collecting dust.

For some reason I lost this post...

I still haven't gotten to the cable yet, because I have a long list of things I still have to get going after swapping engines. Who would have thought there were so many little problems on a car I bought from the junkyard? :)

You've given me a bunch of options here...thanks again!

Hemitheus, if you still have that cable and it will fit a 64 Dart with auto, let me know. I can buy all I want with the clipon style, but not the screw on part on the speedo end.

Thanks

-
Back