speedometer question

-

tekslk

Reaction score
When changing speedo from a 120 to 150 mph does anything other than the head need changed? This is on a 67 barracuda.

I ordered a new 68 speedo cable push on type because my 67 had the screw on type.

You may end up having to change the gear for the speedo in the tranny, but if it physically hooks up it should work right.
Who knows if the drive ratio is the same as our cars use (Thats why I mentioned the gear)

Thats what I want to here, I may try the swap on the ends, I never thought of that.

I used to be stationed at Altus afb and ocassionally wemt to oaklohoma city. Back in 1972

Did I tell anyone its cold outside 1 degree right now suppose to go to minus 8 tonight, Im already sick of winter. Now that I vented that I feeel better.

Did I tell anyone its cold outside 1 degree right now suppose to go to minus 8 tonight, Im already sick of winter. Now that I vented that I feeel better.

Screw it.
You don't need a speedometer that bad.

My brother told me the other day that he's not going outside any more unless the degrees of temperature is at least the same number he is old.

He's 54 so he's going to spend a lot of time inside this winter. :-D

Screw it.
You don't need a speedometer that bad.

My brother told me the other day that he's not going outside any more unless the degrees of temperature is at least the same number he is old.

He's 54 so he's going to spend a lot of time inside this winter. :-D

Grrrr....

Attachments

• I hate winter.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 97
Global warming scientists are stuck in pack ice that wasnt supposed to be there! Complete BS....It was 78 here today...;-)

If the speedo was good with the 120, I think your good with the 150. All the heads should be calibrated the same. The trans/speedo gear should only be effected by a change in rear gear or tire size. At least that's my dealings with GM stuff.

Oh yea, it's in the upper twenties here in the "low country" Sc. Early next week looks to get down to the upper teen's a few days. Where's my global warming when I need it...:banghead:

Drive your car in that they run like hell in the cold weather. I had mine out christmas day at 22 and after 10 miles on a warmed up motor it felt like a 50 hp gain.

-
Back