Status
Not open for further replies.

wyoduster

live free or die
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
My speedometer in my Barracuda after putting the dash back together was jumping wildly. Don't know if it was the cable or what BUT the needle broke.So I'll need one.. Anybody got one??
I also am in need of the little pin on the column to tell you what gear your in..
And A latch catch for inside my glove box to keep door closed.
Also a boot for over the vert top when down.
And $100,000. in small bills.
Please PM me
Thanks up front.

Speedo Year model ? with or without trip clock ? Indicater pointer I have also.
Can't help with the other stuff.

speaking of speedo"s i recently changed my trans speedo gear(4:10-green) I did "clock" it properly by lining up the corresponding number of teeth on the adaptor..installed a new cable and when i moved the car...(under 2 mph) i noticed the needle moving a little wildly...As this is the original speedo and has not had an issue with the 323's previously..where should i begin my troubleshooting process???

Where the cable turns under the drivers seat needs to ba as smooth a raduis as you can get. When I install a new sheath assembly, once all hooked up at both ends I pull all the slack I can get to that area. A straight shot toward the trans is better than a S. Make sure the cable is just loosely hung in that strap too. Lastly I push the cable itself deep into the connecter at the instrument. If that end is a little too long and puts forward pressure on the speedo you get a twitchy needle. It can kill the instrument.
I've replaced the drive cable in the origial sheath with universal aftermarket kits and I always cut the new one a hair shorter than the original.

thanx for the input...so, it looks like i may have some binding going on....causing my "jump"...?

68 and up rallye speedometer with trip clock... I dont have. :(
So far all I've come up with is the shift pointer.
BTT so others can try to help.

Do you still need $100,000 in small bills? Let me know and I will send it. :toothy10:

I had that happen to me with one of my '68's. I climbed under it and took it out and put it back in and it never did it again. It just wasn't in there good. Or something.

Let me know if you still need any of these parts.
I have it all except the $100G. :toothy10: I have to locate the speedo and the top boot. I shuffled stuff around and can't find anything now.
Top boot is white.
Thanks,
Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back