Spring Fling 2014 - Who's Going? and Photo Thread

-

69CudaFan

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am going to try and make it this year (like I say every year). I am hoping to clean up the car and make the 2 hour trek from Sandy Eggo. Who else is going, and I figured we could make this an official photo thread.

I know that in years past there is typically a banner for FABO folks to meet up, and autoxcuda is in the know. Just looking for a little more info, as well as whose cars are going to be up there.

Shane

Going to be there on Saturday. Leaving the Dart at home. Going to hit the swap meet for a little while. I already spent a ton of money on her this year.

Hey all,

I am going to try and make it this year (like I say every year). I am hoping to clean up the car and make the 2 hour trek from Sandy Eggo. Who else is going, and I figured we could make this an official photo thread.

I know that in years past there is typically a banner for FABO folks to meet up, and autoxcuda is in the know. Just looking for a little more info, as well as whose cars are going to be up there.

Shane

Are you going Saturday, Sunday or both days?

I will be there. Haven't been before and really looking forward to it! Leaving here in the am.

The legendary Roland Leong of the Hawaiian Punch
Funny Car Fame will be signing autographs and offering some of his memorabilia at the Mr Moparts midway vendor tent on Saturday and Sunday.

Stop by for an autograph from Roland.

Leong-with-Hawaiian.jpg

Special Guests at Spring Fling will be the "Winged Warriors" The Movie production crew.

This a proposed movie about the Winged Warriors development in the late 60's. A feature car has been made (pictures below), script, and some casting.

One of the actresses, Brianna Chomer, will be signing the posters and t-shirts shown below. And of course the #88 Daytona movie car will be in the booth also.

Website comming soon: http://wingedwarriorsthemovie.com/

Attachments

• Copy of Car Show Poster-page-001.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 424
  • Copy of ChristyStallcup_140224_5531.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 418
  • Copy of ChristyStallcup_140224_5252.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 423
  • Copy of ChristyStallcup_140224_5637.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 420
We went with a different T-shirt company this year and I think the design has greatly improved.

We will be selling a limited edition of 38 Plum Crazy Purple T-shirts this year. These will be sold first come, first served on Saturday Morning.

Also, insteat of sweatshirts we'll have long sleeve T-shirts with flames on the arms.

Show T-shirts are sold out of the big club tent in the center of the show

Attachments

• Copy of spring-fling-14-01.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 424
SPRING FLING SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Thursday 8am-5pm: Spring Fling Speed Festival @Willow Springs road course. 8am to 5pm. Mopar track day. Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/events/1415382388705422/

Friday 9:30am : Spring Fling Malibu Cruise, 40+ Mopars. FREE ADMISSION open to all Spring Fling attendees. 9:30am to lunch in Malibu. Start from Spring Fling show grounds at Woodley Park. More info click HERE :

Friday night 5-9pm: Motion Picturecar Warehouse Meet-n-Greet. Behind the scenes TV and Movie cars get together tour. FREE ADMISSION open to all Spring Fling attendees. 8400 Reseda Blvd, Northridge, CA 91324. Click for map HERE

SATURDAY 7am-3pm: SPRING FLING Swap* and Show n Shine on Saturday. *Fair-Chance Swap: no pre show swap setup day. FREE SPECTATOR ADMISSION

Saturday night 4-8pm: Bob's Big Boy Mopar Cruise In. FREE ADMISSION open to all Spring Fling attendees. 8876 Corbin Ave #15770, Northridge, CA 91324 Click for map HERE

SUNDAY 7am-3pm: SPRING FLING Swap and judged show car field on Sunday. If you don't want judging, please indicate that on show placard. FREE SPECTATOR ADMISSION

Attachments

• DSC_3414_SF08AerialCropped.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 396
I'll be headed up early Saturday morning. No car though. I don't expect it will be on the road for another 2 to 3 months. 1st time to this. Looking forward to it. Maybe I'll pick up a steering box and some headers so I can get this Dart finished.

I'll be headed up early Saturday morning. No car though. I don't expect it will be on the road for another 2 to 3 months. 1st time to this. Looking forward to it. Maybe I'll pick up a steering box and some headers so I can get this Dart finished.

First swappers let in at 7:00 am sharp.

Make a list ahead of time. Also, look for deals on non part items that people sell too. I bought a $15 pack of sawzall blades for $2 last show.

You never know who or what you might run into.

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0031_SF08Swap.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 406
  • LenoInterviewLes.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 405
Spring Fling Mailbu Cruise starts today at 10:15 am

This event grows EVERY year. We had 40 cars last year!

*Meet at Woodley Park in Van Nuys at 930 AM. We will leave by 10:15am

*Proceed to 405 South Freeway, via Woodley Ave to Burbank Blvd. Make a left onto Burbank Blvd and proceed to I-405 South. Stay in the far right lane, as we will immediately transfer over to 101 North (signs say 101 North Ventura)

*Proceed est 7 miles on 101 N to Valley Circle/Muholland Dr. Take exit.

*Make a left and proceed over bridge onto Muholland Dr. We will continue south on Muholland Dr. until we reach Muholland Hwy.

*At Muholland Hwy, we will make a right at the signal an take Muholland HWY west, for roughly 6-7 miles. Once we eventually come to the intersection of Muholland HWY and Las Virgenes, we will cross it and continue on Muholland HWY. From this point, it is another 3-4 miles from our first of three stops.

*Continue down Muholland HWY for a brief time to our first destination, which is the historic Rock Store. We will stop here for 20-30 minutes tops to re-gather, use the restroom, take pictures, ect.

*Next we will continue up Muholland HWY to a vista spot at the top of the hill for excellent photo opportunity. We will only be here for a short time, due to the lack of shade. If temperatures are high on the day of the cruise, we may potentially bypass this stop in favor of spending a longer amount of time at a beach stop.

*From the vista point we will continue up Muholland HWY to Kanan-Dume Rd. We will make a left onto Kanan-Dume. This may take a few moments to get everyone gathered, since Kanan is a busy hwy. From there, we will continue down Kanan, through the tunnel, ultimately to PCH. This is different from previous years, when we have used Encinal Canyon to get to the PCH. Kanan is a long downhill after the tunnel, so it will give a chance for everyones cars to cool a bit after the uphill climb from the Rock Store.

*Once we get to PCH, we will make a left at the signal. We may or may not get all of the cars thru the intersection before the light changes, so I will try to wait up to re-gather us all back into a group. From here, we will continue down PCH to make one last stop a little further down on PCH.

*Our beach stop will be our last stop of the cruise. From there, we will continue south on PCH through Malibu to our lunch destination, the Reel Inn. From this point, if you plan to join for lunch, I would prefer that we all try to stick together as a group, as a few participants were left behind last cruise en route to the restaurant. We should be arriving by 1:30pm. Parking in the lot adjacent to the restaurant is owned by the state parks service, so they kindly charge an $8 cash fee for parking, although there is usually ample parking along PCH. A link to the restaurant website is shown below:

http://www.reelinnmalibu.com/

*After lunch, the easiest route back to the San Fernando Valley/Woodley Park area will be via Topanga Canyon Bl., which is just a few hundred yards south of the Reel Inn. There are several cruise nights on Friday evenings, including Bob's Big Boy in Northridge as well as Burbank. At 5pm, there will be a meet and great going on at the Picture Car Warehouse on Reseda Blvd. Here is a link to the warehouse for the facility, with address provided:

http://picturecarwarehouse.net/

Attachments

• Microsoft Word - SF14MalibuCruiseStickersPart3-page-001.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 404
  • Copy of Copy of SF10MalibuCruise1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 409
  • 20130510_112335.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 402
  • 20130510_112204.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 420
  • 20130510_111623.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 430
  • 20130510_120811.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 392
Are you going Saturday, Sunday or both days?

I will be there on Saturday. Hoping to bring the vert if I can get it cleaned up well enough. Hoping to hit the swap meet, and perhaps meet a few folks from FABO up there. I likely wont hang out around my car that much as this will be my first visit up there.

Shane

I will be there on Saturday. Hoping to bring the vert if I can get it cleaned up well enough. Hoping to hit the swap meet, and perhaps meet a few folks from FABO up there. I likely wont hang out around my car that much as this will be my first visit up there.

Shane

If it's your first visit, you will be all over the swap meet. Get there by 7:00 am. and go over to the swap meet side and they will just be coming in. Bring cash!

This is what I've bought at last years Spring and Fall Fling shows.

Are these pretty good deals???

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0426b.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 387
  • FallFling2013Bought.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 393
What day is better for getting the best deals on parts SAT or SUN??????

What day is better for getting the best deals on parts SAT or SUN??????

SATURDAY if you have to make a choice between the two IF you are looking for swap parts.

But there will be some new swappers that are Sunday only. So you'll miss those by going Saturday only.

Just one of the jpg from the t-shirt guy I had. It has been fixed.

T-shirts are nice and a better quality base shirt than last years (Hanes) :cheers:

Cool....I like the design. Hope to see you there Steve.

I'm going, but unfortunately I don't think my Duster will be ready by then. I'm still trying to get the damned thing timed right. I'm replacing wires and plugs today and a couple of other things. It has an unknown aggressive cam that's giving me crappy vacuum. Also the Holley 750 DP carb seems to be running rich since my plugs are so black and sooty.

By the way, I'm on the hunt for a Mopar Tuff wheel and 4 speed transmission.

I will be there Saturday selling some parts. I will have a White Ford F250 4x4 stop by and say hi.

-
Back