Spring Fling 2014 - Who's Going? and Photo Thread

-
nice show thanks for the pics,,,, ide like to know more about when the winged car movie is comming,,,thanks

Just got back home and laid out this years stash of parts. I bought a van aluminum case overdrive trans for $52 not pictured.

• Small Block Bellhousing bead blasted completely and very very nice trans threads $50
  • MP Small block silicone bypass hose $10
  • Early ball dentent 833 side cover missing dentent ball $20
  • Factory aluminum water pump neck 36- part# $5
  • 71-72 E-body dual racing mirror fresh nice rechrome orignal housings only. $90/pr
  • NOS Ebody gas tank pickup 5/16" (not repro junk) $50
  • Repro Year One 71-74 Challenger rear quarter molding $20
  • 2 sets (each side) Moog 7103 Offset upper control arm bushings to get 4+ degrees caster with stock upper control arms $35
  • '68 Barracuda tailight internal lens extension (not sold w/repro lenses) $5
  • '68 Barracuda fender script $5
  • A-body door window weathership Metro $50

Did I do OK?

Nice Haul!

Just got back from the show! Man, that was a crazy first year for me!

Steve, I applaud your efforts. That is a top notch steup, and you are a busy guy. I missed on a few 69 Barracuda deals in the swap meet, but I was overwhelmed with everything that was going on. I did manage to score a purple t-shirt, and the 69 Barracuda convertible managed to eek out a second place against a survivor car, so I am certainly happy with that in the stock class. I applaud that survivor 71 Dart as well....cool car!

I just got back from the show myself. What an awesome experience!!! I got to meet a couple fabo members too! I will definitely be back to that show for sure. Dad took first place in A body modified with his purple Demon! I came in a close third place. I was happy with that and didn't expect it one bit. Dad called me a little later and said he also took best of show! He was super excited! This is one of the greatest all Mopar shows I have been too. Great work guys!

Just got back home and laid out this years stash of parts. I bought a van aluminum case overdrive trans for $52 not pictured.

• Small Block Bellhousing bead blasted completely and very very nice trans threads $50
  • MP Small block silicone bypass hose $10
  • Early ball dentent 833 side cover missing dentent ball $20
  • Factory aluminum water pump neck 36- part# $5
  • 71-72 E-body dual racing mirror fresh nice rechrome orignal housings-only. $90/pr
  • NOS Ebody gas tank pickup 5/16" (not repro junk) $50
  • Repro Year One 71-74 Challenger rear quarter molding $20
  • 2 sets (each side) Moog 7103 Offset upper control arm bushings to get 4+ degrees caster with stock upper control arms $35
  • '68 Barracuda tailight internal lens extension (not sold w/repro lenses) $5
  • '68 Barracuda fender script $5
  • A-body roof rail weathership Metro $50

Did I do OK?

What about that truck load of 4 speed parts from today you were loading?

I just got back from the show myself. What an awesome experience!!! I got to meet a couple fabo members too! I will definitely be back to that show for sure. Dad took first place in A body modified with his purple Demon! I came in a close third place. I was happy with that and didn't expect it one bit. Dad called me a little later and said he also took best of show! He was super excited! This is one of the greatest all Mopar shows I have been too. Great work guys!

Did you guys leave early and didn't wait for the very end of the trophy presentation?

You two both had nice cars... I was kind of hoping your dad's car had a K-member instead of an alterktion but it was a really clean and nice car.

What about that truck load of 4 speed parts from today you were loading?

Umm I just unloaded them. I have no idea why I bought all that for $200. A lot isn't that great a shape. :banghead:

$200 for 4-A 1-B/E main cases, trunion B and A tails, 2 later A tails, side covers, gears, main shafts, bearing retainers.....D@mn I'm nuts. Did sell a bearing retainer and tail 15 minutes later real cheap, $60, just to recover $$ real quick.

$80 for two special waterjetted spanner wrenches for Mopar power steering gear boxes.
Damn that crap is heavy.:violent1:

And I got a power streering spanner wrench set from MoTech for $80

Attachments

• SF14SteveBoughtSundaySm2a.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 207

I think your dad left without picking something up that was VERY IMPORTANT! :cheers:

I think your dad left without picking something up that was VERY IMPORTANT! :cheers:

I think your right! I had to take off around 1 to get back to Scottsdale unfortunately. I was surprised when he called and said he got first place, and then called me like am hour later and said he won best of show. I'm not sure if he actually got the award or not?? Lol

I think your right! I had to take off around 1 to get back to Scottsdale unfortunately. I was surprised when he called and said he got first place, and then called me like am hour later and said he won best of show. I'm not sure if he actually got the award or not?? Lol

Rich Krasner(sp) with the red 66 charger said he knew you guys and was going to take it back you your dad.

We should have just brought it was us to take to your dad at Vegas.

Anyways, congratulations. Awesome car! Great craftsmanship and attention to detail.

Jay Leno brought his Chrysler Turbine car out.

Attachments

• SF14JayLenoRJordan.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 203
WAY down the line before we let the swappers in a 7:00am sharp.

We parked all swappers in line well under 45 minutes.

This is a "fair chance" swap meet. There is no pre day setup where other swappers buy parts among themselves before the regular hobbyiest get a chance.

Spring Fling is the ONLY Mopar "fair chance" swap meet of its size in the country.

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_3901.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 185
  • Copy of IMG_3908.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 194
  • Copy of IMG_3910.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 198
NOS 71-72 Demon tailight lenses for $45 each.

Seemed like good deal?

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_3980.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 189
Got some good parts for the 340 I'm building. The swap meet seemed down this year. Never made it over to the car side.

Got some good parts for the 340 I'm building. The swap meet seemed down this year. Never made it over to the car side.

True, but there were still good parts. Maybe less of non parts vendors.

What where your buys for the day?

Need any early A-body 4 speed stuff? I'll be in Santa Clarita this afternoon.

$50 buck set of early A Cyclone fenderwell headers and a $1 8" WEN DA sander.

Sweet for $50 headers.

And a $1 DA sander. I mean for $1 you can certainly sand something $1 better than it was un-sanded before. :cheers:

1969 340 intake. $40.00.
340 A body motor mounts.
340 fan.
Some other miscellaneous stuff.

1969 340 intake. $40.00.
340 A body motor mounts.
340 fan.
Some other miscellaneous stuff.

Was it that intake we were looking at?

Sometimes that little misc stuff can save you at times. It's not like you could run to pick a part and get something off an old mopar like you used to years ago.

Need a ball an trunion tail shaft? Mainshaft? Output flange?

Some video from show

[ame]http://youtu.be/lzyi-moHTo4[/ame]

Monster Mopar Show Gallery:

Dodges, Plymouths, and Chryslers at the CPW Spring Fling

Read more: http://blogs.hotrod.com/monster-mopar-show-gallery-111165.html#ixzz2yFyFXtaV

Follow us: @HotRodMagazine on Twitter | HotRodMag on Facebook

Mopar-Spring-Fling-Dodge-Plymouth-Chrysler-014-650x433.jpg

We always welcome "work in progress". Primered Demons are cool too.

Mopar-Spring-Fling-Dodge-Plymouth-Chrysler-059-650x433.jpg

-
Back