Spring Fling May 5&6 2007, who's going? -updates

-

autoxcuda

Reaction score
Some NEW things for this year's Spring Fling:

Spring Fling Speed Festival Thrusday May 3, 2007 Chance to take you older or newer Mopar out on the famed Willow Spring Speedway. Complete track day with professional instructors, catered lunch, tons of run time from 8:30am to 5:00 pm Only $245 before April 3, 2007 www.alltimeracing.com

Spring Fling Cruise-In Saturday night at Flames BBQ Resturant. Huge well lighted area for all-Mopar cruise in. This year well have a D.J. and over $300 in raffle prizes. Raffle tickets free to paid show car participants.

We've also got a lot of new Manufactures Midway coming.
If you'd like to see someone in the Midway feel free to contact me directly and ask the vendor if they're coming.

ANY questions feel free to email me directly at pwall5@aol.com

Official Spring Fling website with downloadable show flyer:

www.cpwclub.com/springfling.html

Steve
CPW club president
www.cpwclub.com

SFXXISmHeaderWebsite.JPG

3314379-SF06SatSwapPanoramaC.JPG

Spring Fling Speed Festival

First Mopar Only track day of it's kind. It's $245 before April 12, with certified instructors, lunch, professional race cameraman, the works. Dick Ross of www.firmfeel.com will be participating in the event also. He be there to ask questions about his products and services.

Spring Fling Speed Festival Flyer

May 3rd, 2007 The Thrusday just before Spring Fling

Cars Scheduled:

#96 1971 Hemi Charger 1971 Riverside 500 Winston Cup race winner, Bill Conn ?
#15 1966 Barracuda, Mike Ritz paid
1973 Barracuda, Chris Heiny paid
1997 GTS Viper, Phil Wilson ?
2004 SRT4 Grand Am, Jim Pierce paid
#48 1971 Cuda, Jess Neel (Colorado) paid
#48 1970 Cuda, Tim Herren paid
#42 1967 Nascar Hemi replica, John Cervney ?
1964 Dart, Lou Madsen (Virginia) ?
1968 Barracuda, Bob Reed paid
1968 Barracuda, Steve Wall autoxcuda paid
1968 Road Runner, Pete Shiavo PeteRR ?
1968, Barracuda, KJ Christoper paid
1969 Daytona, Joe Machado ?
1969 Daytona, Shawn Machado ?
1969 Daytona, Gary Pavore ?
1970 Superbird Garry Keay (British Columbia) ?
1970 RT/SE Challenger, Bill Wright ?
1971 Challenger, Rick Guisto 71Autoxr paid
ACR Viper, Ben Kawata ?
1997 GTS Viper, Kenn Funk ?
1997 GTS Viper, Chris Lehuede ?
1998 Neon ACR, Jeff Warkentin Quikshft ?
2004 Chrysler Crossfire, Mark Lipton (Alberta!) paid
2005 SRT4, Steve Ekstrand ?
300C Jim Edwards paid
2006 Charger R/T, Gary hergfest ?

1969 Ford Talladega Winston Cup car(friend of Ernie Conn's) ?

?=waiting for payment

90% commitment:
Tim Werner 67 Valiant (Oregon) autoxr
Josh Skinner (Oregon)

May 3, 2007

Spectators Welcome. 8 AM - 5 PM
First Cars hit the track at 8:30 AM.
FREE NOON MOPAR PARADE LAP

OLD & NEW ALL MOPARS - THIS IS YOUR CHANCE FOR FRIENDLY TRACK TIME
* Run Groups Based on Experience and Car Capability
* Experienced Instructors
* Vehicles must meet track technical requirements
See Spring Fling at www.ALLTIMERACING.COM for details and to Register
or call Tim at: 310-538-8098

Steve
CPW club president
www.cpwclub.com

Midway Vendors Spring Fling XXI
scheduled (more are on there way)

R/T Specialities clips, fasteners, trim, and other Mopar resto parts

Tube Technolgy Incorporated -TTI Headers

Just Dashes -Dash, door panel, and interior restoration

Stockton Wheel wheel widening and new rims

American Shine Car car products. Polishes, waxes

Ano-Brite
Auto Tease
AZ Mopar (NEW)
Barlow Insurance
Double D Enterprises
Firm Feel (NEW) ?
Harms (NEW)
Hi Tech Products (NEW)
MCG Magazine
Mopar Muscle
Pheonix West (NEW)
Red Line Gaugeworks
Right Stuff
Snake Oyl
Tallzag (NEW)
440 Source
Accurate LTD
Franks Restoration Parts
Glendora Dodge
Goodmark (NEW)
Hemmings (NEW)
Keith’s Auto Literature (NEW)
Layson's
Legendary
Marc's Creature Company (NEW)
Stainless Steel Exhaust Ext.
Fran Bishop (Metro Rubber)
Quality Tool
Blue Sky Dynamics (NEW)
E-Body Ed
Penstar Reproductions
Mopar Manual on CD
Mr Moparts (NEW)
Cali Baby
Gear Vendors

If you'd like to see someone that's not listed, please tell that business and also contact me at pwall5@aol.com

I've got my hotel room for Friday night and will be at the show on Sat. My car is no where ready, so I'm gonna be pulling my green wagon early sat. am for the swap meet. Where's everyone gonna be Friday night?

What hotel are you staying at?

Some people go to Bob's Big Boy in Burbank. But it's very crowded.

Others go to Flames on Friday for thier general make Cruise-In.

Both will have many more Mopars than usuall because of the show.

stupidasso said:
I've got my hotel room for Friday night and will be at the show on Sat. My car is no where ready, so I'm gonna be pulling my green wagon early sat. am for the swap meet. Where's everyone gonna be Friday night?

My father, girlfriend, and i are going on Saturday for the show. How much is it to park in the grassy show area where the cars are? Also, where in the valley in Flames located? Im in Camarillo. My cars are not show quality, but they are cruisers with good power built my way. My goal is to take both of them, the orange 73 318 Duster and the yellow 69 340 Formula S Cuda. If anything, i will defiantely take them to cruise night, which is what i built them for. Thanks.

-Justin

MOPARJ said:
My father, girlfriend, and i are going on Saturday for the show. How much is it to park in the grassy show area where the cars are? Also, where in the valley in Flames located? Im in Camarillo. My cars are not show quality, but they are cruisers with good power built my way. My goal is to take both of them, the orange 73 318 Duster and the yellow 69 340 Formula S Cuda. If anything, i will defiantely take them to cruise night, which is what i built them for. Thanks.

-Justin

I've seen a fresh done white 68 S Notchback on the 101 near Oxnard and Camarillo a while back. I try to stop at the Rolling Pin for donuts as much as possible.

Our policy is run watcha brung. I've seen 100K cars parked next to primered projects. It's all good!! If it's got wheels and it's a Mopar it's show quality. There a picture floating around of a 3 million dollar 71 Hemi Cuda being jump started at Spring Fling with a beat $800 73 4dr Plymouth. :lol:

And on Sunday, just because we do judging then, doesn't mean you have to feel the need to bring a "show car". It's the same price judged or not. It's too big of a hassle to seperate the judged and not judged cars.

It's just $30 pre reg. for both days or either day. We need those in by April 14.

Go to the website and look at the previous show pictures. You'll see cars of all conditions.

We'll be raffling away $300 worth of prizes at the Cruise-In and show participant get free raffle tickets.

Also including with show participation is a Spring Fling commenoritive gift. This year it's a wall themometer. Also you get dash plaques.

Spectator parking is $5 across the street from the show.

Directions to Cruise-In are on the flyer.

www.cpwclub.com/sf07flyer.pdf

Very important reminder though:
Entry gate opens at 8am and CLOSES at 10am
All entrants must remain PARKED UNTIL 1pm

No Parking on Woodley Ave

stupidasso said:
The Airdale or what ever that airport hotel is right by the park.

We're trying to get a seperate reception area for Spring Fling guest with a no host bar. I think the bar right now gets pretty packed.

Steve,

Thanks i will try to get my spots for the show asap. The 69 cuda is yellow with a white stripe, decent paint, with a 340, built 727, 3.23 geared 8 3/4 rear. The interior is nice and will be sporting a new Flowmaster exhaust when it arrives at the show. My girlfriend of 5 years got the lead on the car originally, so its half hers. LOL. She has caught the mopar bug as well over that time. The 73 Duster was just painted a similar color to hemi orange. The underhood area and door jambs still need to be painted, as they are still blue. The orange looks great though, absolutely beautiful, especially with the cragars. It has a warm 318 that i added cam, ect to without rebuliding it. The motor has 85,000+ miles on it, but is strong. It has a rebuilt 904 with shift kit and still retains the 7 1/4 rear with 2.76 gears. It still runs 15.35 quarters, so im happy, as it is intended to be a cruiser with some pep only.

I have been to the show every year for the last 8 years. This wil be the first time taking cars, as my father and i, along with my girlfriend have got them in decent enough cruise form. Im a young guy, 22, so its been a struggle, along with school at nights and working 40 hrs a week at my work. It took a long time and money to get them to this point, so im proud of them.

Not worried about cruise night or the show, as i have seen other cars that were no where near award show quality before and still got attention, as they were cool Mopars.

Look forward to being at the show...The two cars will be next to each other at the show and cruise night, if at all possible. Thanks for the info and hopefully we shall y'all there.

-Justin Phillips

Steve, is there a map anywhere that shows where the swap meet will be vs. the show itself. It's been a year or so since I've been to the CPW show, but it looks like they're seperated now. - Stu

stupidasso said:
Steve, is there a map anywhere that shows where the swap meet will be vs. the show itself. It's been a year or so since I've been to the CPW show, but it looks like they're seperated now. - Stu

Did you go to last years show in Spring of 2006 ??

We have a very compact and effecient layout in relative to it's contents. 235 swapper and about 50 manufactures midway just south of 400+ show cars.

Woodley Park is a rectangle with long side going north and south. Divide that horizontally in the middle. Cars to the north, Swap to the south.

SF07Map.jpg

OK, same setup. Excellent! I like to park there very early to get a spot on the main street close to the swap area. So, what's the identifier at the airtel bar to show that you're a FABO member?

stupidasso said:
OK, same setup. Excellent! I like to park there very early to get a spot on the main street close to the swap area. So, what's the identifier at the airtel bar to show that you're a FABO member?

There is NO parking on Woodley Ave. (the main street). The City does not want the volume of spectators out and walking across the street. Cars fly around a corner there at 50mph. LA City Parking enforcement will be out there patrolling the no parking. LAPD will be out there too.

So you can park in the $5 parking area were we have paid parking people. Then there is a tunnel under the street that pops you out at the show field.

UPDATE

Some Event Media Coverage

Mopar Action will be covering the Spring Fling Speed Festival as well as the Spring Fling show. Richard Ehrenberg will be the Speed Festivel Thrusday May 3, 2007 and at Spring Fling on Saturday. Cliff Gromer editor of Mopar Action will be covering and shooting features at Spring Fling XXI.

Mopar Collectors Guide will have a booth giving away free T-shirt with subscriptions, covering the event, and doing feature cars.

Mopar Max will be covering the event.

Just got word that Randy Bolig editor of Mopar Muscle Magazine will be covering and doing shoots at Spring Fling XXI Saturday and Sunday.

David Freiburger will be at the show too.

Buckaroo Communications (Street Rod Builder, Super Rod...) will be represented by Jim Bowman covering the event.

I think Hemmings will have Jeff Koch covering. Hemmings will also have a booth selling subscriptions to all of their current magazine titles.

The Daily News newspaper will do an article.

And there's lots of freelancers milling about. I've seen the show covered in magazines in Japan.

stupidasso said:
Steve, what time does the pay lot open for parking?

about 6:15 am

Have you had problems in the past with them not opening early enough??

Nah,
I just want to get there as people are unpacking so I can get the pick of the litter. Last time, I was 10 seconds too late for some LBP crager ss with new rubber for 450.

that video was rad. the music was even sicker!!!!!!!!!!! who was that? i want to play that on the way to l.a. at about 90mph.....................

That video was cool. I was stunned when they showed my Duster. I had to rewind it to show my 5yr old son & he was jazzed to see my car on it. It's the dark blue one with the painted on 340 stripes. I'll be there both days,not sure if I'm gonna get room or not cause a friend of mine is coming into town this Friday & he leaves on the Sunday of the show. It's "only 35 miles from my house to the park", I'll probably spend more in gas than what the room would cost!

redfastback said:
that video was rad. the music was even sicker!!!!!!!!!!! who was that? i want to play that on the way to l.a. at about 90mph.....................

I don't know? I tried looking for that too.

Is there a contact for those guys on the website. They made it, they would tell you. Email them.

Those two Sotomeyer kids' dad has (of had) a red 68 Charger R/T.

Here's another video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj7Qh8oyhGs

BTW the 68 Hemi RR at the 45 sec was found about two years ago in the side yard of a house in a slightly rough neighborhood. It's just like he found it, but got the engine running right. Door dings, old cheap paint job..

rlk340 said:
That video was cool. I was stunned when they showed my Duster. I had to rewind it to show my 5yr old son & he was jazzed to see my car on it. It's the dark blue one with the painted on 340 stripes. I'll be there both days,not sure if I'm gonna get room or not cause a friend of mine is coming into town this Friday & he leaves on the Sunday of the show. It's "only 35 miles from my house to the park", I'll probably spend more in gas than what the room would cost!

You know I have tons of pictures from past Spring Fling on the website.

I myself take 300-400 pics. I just haven't had time to upload the last few shows.

Take a look at these pics.

http://www.cpwclub.com/springfling.html#anchor799805

rlk340 said:

Is this your car??:

1st picture on Saturday, second on Sunday

SF06Sat0270b.JPG

SF06Sun0059a.JPG

-
Back