Spring Fling May 5&6 2007, who's going? -updates

-
autoxcuda said:
Is this your car??:

1st picture on Saturday, second on Sunday

Yep, that my baby. I've had her for over 20 years. Got her on super bowl sunday 1987, I was 17, I'm 37 now gonna be 38 on May 30.

rlk340 said:
Yep, that my baby. I've had her for over 20 years. Got her on super bowl sunday 1987, I was 17, I'm 37 now gonna be 38 on May 30.

I see you got a ribbon at last Fall Fling. Good job :headbang:

FF06PicCpw0420a.JPG

I'm pretty sure I've talked my dad into going on Sunday, We are coming from Anaheim so the drive isn't that far. My duster isn't in show quality so it will be in the parking lot. Anyone here belong to Mopars Unlimited car club? We are hoping to join. We cant wait for sunday!!!!!

7DUSTER3 said:
I'm pretty sure I've talked my dad into going on Sunday, We are coming from Anaheim so the drive isn't that far. My duster isn't in show quality so it will be in the parking lot. Anyone here belong to Mopars Unlimited car club? We are hoping to join. We cant wait for sunday!!!!!

Bring it into the show. If rolls and it's a Mopar, it quality enough. Just because we offer judging on Sunday doesn't mean project cars can't show up. Run whatcha brung!! It's all good :thumbup:

Saturday is the day to get parts though. It's the best place to find used parts for your car west of the Mississippi.

It's the same entry fee for one day or both days. And you get to park much closer to the swap with a car show entry. But you do have to stay parked in your spot until 1pm SHARP. So you can't leave until 1pm SHARP.

rlk340 said:

Here's a picture of rlk340's car from Spring Fling 2005! Hey I'm begining to think I've got more pictures of your car than you do. :grin:

SF05Sun0106a.JPG

7DUSTER3 said:

You should go both days, also to the cruise night. It's fun when you have a BUNCH of Mopars cruising together. I see people there that I've made friends with over the I think 10 years that I've been going to the Show.

rlk340 said:
You should go both days, also to the cruise night. It's fun when you have a BUNCH of Mopars cruising together. I see people there that I've made friends with over the I think 10 years that I've been going to the Show.

And with the car there people will give you advice and tips if you're open minded and listen.

For instance, if you're looking for a reasonable body shop in your area, put sign in the window asking that. You will get lots of responses. Same for parts wanted (be specific).

People are more likely to help someone when they can see you truely need help. Heck, the car is right there for them to see.

autoxcuda said:
Here's a picture of rlk340's car from Spring Fling 2005! Hey I'm begining to think I've got more pictures of your car than you do. :grin:

I think I started taking my car to Spring Fling in either 95 or 96, I can't remember exactly. I painted her in the winter of 94 so it had to of been after that. I dunno about the picture thing, I've been taking pixs of her since I bought her. I have the ones of her the day I got her in a photo album some where, I should dig it out & scan them to the computer. Maybe you have pixs of my friends 69 Formula S Convert Bcuda 340, sunfire yellow with sungold int. I painted it in his garage.

how much does it cost to enter your car for the show on saturday??

7DUSTER3 said:

$30 if you pre register, $35 day of show. If you go Saturday, & come back Sunday just show your ticket & your in. One price for both days. It's to late to pre reg so it would $35 for both days

rlk340 said:
I think I started taking my car to Spring Fling in either 95 or 96, I can't remember exactly. I painted her in the winter of 94 so it had to of been after that. I dunno about the picture thing, I've been taking pixs of her since I bought her. I have the ones of her the day I got her in a photo album some where, I should dig it out & scan them to the computer. Maybe you have pixs of my friends 69 Formula S Convert Bcuda 340, sunfire yellow with sungold int. I painted it in his garage.

I'm just kidding about the pictures. I was just amazed I had pictures of it about every year.

Is that the Barracuda that won first place A-body restified years ago and has headers on it. I think he's from South Bay somewhere (Torrance?). It's really nice. Think it was in MCG magazine. I remember him just getting it ready for the show in time. He may have shown it "in progress" one time before he won??

I haven't seen it for some time at Spring Fling. :dontknow: Have I just missed it??

Is this it??

7DUSTER3 said:

rlk340 said:
It's to late to pre reg so it would $35 for both days

If you send it in by the end of this week we'll still take it. But you won't get a confirmation sent back. You'll just have you're name on a list at the gate (works fine that way too, don't worry)

Here's the flyer: www.cpwclub.com/sf07flyer.pdf

Go to the website for all info: www.cpwclub.com

autoxcuda said:
I'm just kidding about the pictures. I was just amazed I had pictures of it about every year.

Is that the Barracuda that one first place A-body restified years ago and has headers on it. I think he's from South Bay somewhere (Torrance?). It's really nice.

I haven't seen it for some time at Spring Fling. :dontknow: Have I just missed it??

Is this it??

Yep, thats it. He won 1st place in restified in 01 & I think 04 or 05. He doesn't drive it much anymore,to busy with work. I think he's gonna bring it this year on Sunday. It's to squerly(sp) on the freeway with the tires he has on it. Plus with the 3:55's in & those small tires it tachs out on the freeway to much. I have 3:91's in my car with 27 inch tall tires & tach @ 3k @60mph & he falls behind when on the freeway.

He first showed it @ 01 Fling & took 1st in restified, Ya we just finished it days before the show, It never left his garage to be shown untill it was done. Funny thing hapened on Saturday night @ the cruise, one of the caliper mounting bolts fell out & kept locking up the left front wheel. He was able to back it onto a friends trailer & take it back to the airtel hotel while another friend drove back to Whittier where we live & got a spare caliper mounting bolt & we stayed up till about 1am fixing it & then B.S.ing. It's been in MCG & Mopar Muscle.

rlk340 said:
Yep, thats it. He won 1st place in restified in 01 & I think 04 or 05. He doesn't drive it much anymore,to busy with work. I think he's gonna bring it this year on Sunday. It's to squerly(sp) on the freeway with the tires he has on it. Plus with the 3:55's in & those small tires it tachs out on the freeway to much. I have 3:91's in my car with 27 inch tall tires & tach @ 3k @60mph & he falls behind when on the freeway.

Awesome. I look foward to seeing it again. Wish I saw it at more other shows too. I bet if he got some of those new redline radials he'd like driving it a lot more.

I tach at 3600 or something at 75mph keeping up with traffic. I've got 25.5 tall tire with 3.23's.

I had 225/50/15 tires that are like 23.4" tall with 3.23's. I drove it back and forth to Iowa for college at 3800-4000 rpm. Oh well. Just had a ring job in '94, that's it. Original bore and pistons. Run whatcha brung.

autoxcuda said:
Awesome. I look foward to seeing it again. Wish I saw it at more other shows too. I bet if he got some of those new redline radials he'd like driving it a lot more.

I tach at 3600 or something at 75mph keeping up with traffic. I've got 25.5 tall tire with 3.23's.

I had 225/50/15 tires that are like 23.4" tall with 3.23's. I drove it back and forth to Iowa for college at 3800-4000 rpm. Oh well. Just had a ring job in '94, that's it. Original bore and pistons. Run whatcha brung.

He wants to put some different rims with modern radials on it for driving but is having a hard time due to the small bolt pattern.
That is some serious Rpm's just keep up with traffic. I settle in the slow lane & hit 3k & just cruise at that rpm. I don't want to push it for traffic. Hell I get passed by big rigs. When my wife follows me she will call me on the cell & ask if I can go any faster cause we are only going 60 mph.

rlk340 said:
He wants to put some different rims with modern radials on it for driving but is having a hard time due to the small bolt pattern.
That is some serious Rpm's just keep up with traffic. I settle in the slow lane & hit 3k & just cruise at that rpm. I don't want to push it for traffic. Hell I get passed by big rigs. When my wife follows me she will call me on the cell & ask if I can go any faster cause we are only going 60 mph.

My speedo isn't working now. And I was in the fast lane with light traffic and people like to haul the mail sometimes around here. Could've been 80-85 mph. Car drives straighter at higher speed and changes lanes with a flick of the wrist.

Remember this cars' rims. I think he moved to the Northwest. They were small bolt pattern.

ff01 60a.JPG

Your friend that owns that 69 S vert is to the right, correct?

ff01 10a.jpg

autoxcuda said:
Your friend that owns that 69 S vert is to the right, correct?
Yep thats him on the right & I'm on the left. For some reason it looks like the guy in the middle wet his pants?

'Twas a good show but people left unusually early this Saturday..

Well guys, it was a shame that we couldn't make it out Saturday but from what we heard the weather was bad so it was ok after all. But we did manage to make it out there Today. The duster ran great on the free way to and from. We left around 7 and got there right at 8. It was only about 100 one way. It was my first car show and it met all of my expectations. When we got there the parking was ridiculous so i just entered my duster. The "A" body section was filled with dusters demons and cudas. I felt so welcomed!!! We didn't stick around for the show winners but i didn't miss anything im sure. we got all sorts of fun stuff and lots of interesting tips about my car. I look forward to the next fling and maybe the duster will make an appearance at the spring shoot out...

Smart move. For just $35, why not just park it in the show from 10am-1pm. Did you get your goodie bag with the Spring Fling themometers and magnetic Dash Plaques in them?

BUT, if you want to leave before 1pm DON'T take it in the show. Cars must remained parked between 10am-1pm.

7DUSTER3 said:
Well guys, it was a shame that we couldn't make it out Saturday but from what we heard the weather was bad so it was ok after all. But we did manage to make it out there Today. The duster ran great on the free way to and from. We left around 7 and got there right at 8. It was only about 100 one way. It was my first car show and it met all of my expectations. When we got there the parking was ridiculous so i just entered my duster. The "A" body section was filled with dusters demons and cudas. I felt so welcomed!!! We didn't stick around for the show winners but i didn't miss anything im sure. we got all sorts of fun stuff and lots of interesting tips about my car. I look forward to the next fling and maybe the duster will make an appearance at the spring shoot out...

we didn't plan on leaving much before then anyways. It worked out perfect. I did get the goody bag, i bought a t-shirt and some other fun stuff as well. We also entered to win that dart, it couldnt hurt and it was really nice.

Steve,
Thanks for a great show! pleasure to meet you as well.
Found a couple of good deals at the swap, and saw some really awesome cars. The give away car was awesome. Done really nicely for a garage job. Someone was happy winning that thing I'm sure! Hopefully I'll have my car ready for Fall Fling.
Who was the guy trying to sneak the firebird into the show :)

- Stu

i agree, great show. good to meet you too steve. speaking of letting things in, who let the mustang in with the HUGE single pipe??? bought some parts, talked with vendors.......awesome.

-
Back