Spring Fling pics.....

-
Nice burnout, Steve. I didnt get the revs up high enough in the duster this time. New converter is coming in the next month. I need to find a pic of my dad laying rubber down in the charger.

BTW, I purchased a 74 Gold Duster with a Super Six equipped slant six yesterday in the swap area. The interior is excellent with no tears. The car was a steal.

-Justin

This was my first Spring Fling, and I thought it was great. I wish I could have spent the weekend, but it was a last minute decision to go and I had prior commitments......Not to mention Airtel had a suite available for Saturday and a few hours later nothing. I gotta send you pics of the room they first put me into when I checked in. I gonna try to plan ahead of time for next years cause I want to shoot the events prior to the weekend in the park.

The only other event I've been to was MATS, but thats a whole different format. I'm going to try and make it to more events this year, well as many a the finances allow.

Congrats on the new car MOPARJ :cheers:

I found this DayTOWna to be interesting :-D

Daytowna.jpg

Those tires are white dusted with gravel from the Spring Fling Speed Festival. I wasn't paying attention and lost it going up the mountain at Willow Spring to the carousel. Spun backwards and then sort of sideway into the gravel covered hill. Bend the bottom of the fender, valences a little, and moved the bumper end up to scrap paint on the fender (where is had allready in a previous accident). I was about 45 degrees on the side of the mountain and drove it back down and got back on course.

:bow:

You are my hero, using a musclecar for a track car.
I wimp out and use an import.
TD4-1.jpg

Thanks FABO members...you'll never see anything like that in Hawaii...might have to plan a vacation around that...

What is the best Mopar show/swap meet to attend on the west coast?

Mahalo, Mike

Thanks FABO members...you'll never see anything like that in Hawaii...might have to plan a vacation around that...

What is the best Mopar show/swap meet to attend on the west coast?

Mahalo, Mike

Hey Bruddah,

Since you are asking this in the Spring Fling thread, I think it would be best to go with the Spring/Fall Fling shows (beautiful cars, nice weather, lots of parts & pretty good grinds). Now, if they would only make the Fall show a 2-day event as well. What say ye, Steve?

I wish I could go to that :! Just a bit away from me :). I guess the closest thing for me is carlisle. I love that b5 duster on the first page :). Though I wouldn't mind owning any car there probably.

Hey Bruddah,

Since you are asking this in the Spring Fling thread, I think it would be best to go with the Spring/Fall Fling shows (beautiful cars, nice weather, lots of parts & pretty good grinds). Now, if they would only make the Fall show a 2-day event as well. What say ye, Steve?

No. Fall Fling is a one day show.

Spring Fling has the largest amount of Mopar show cars and largest Mopar swap meet west of the Mississippi. All on a grass tree lined park with free spectator admission, low food costs, low car show entry fees, even the T-shirts in black and grey were only $15.

Since the swap meet has a relatively low swap space fees for an event of this size, the non professional swapper can still afford to get a space. That means cheaper parts for spectators. The biggest plus about the swap is that they are all let in the park at the same time. There is no private pre day swap setup. At every other major Mopar event swappers setup a day before and then the pro swappers buy up all the good deals before regular spectators even get a chance.

[/QUOTE]Originally Posted by GTXperience
Hey Bruddah,

Since you are asking this in the Spring Fling thread, I think it would be best to go with the Spring/Fall Fling shows (beautiful cars, nice weather, lots of parts & pretty good grinds). Now, if they would only make the Fall show a 2-day event as well. What say ye, Steve?[/QUOTE]

I am well aware of that but of course, I would still like to see the Fall show as a 2-day show. There are xx amount of people (showing cars, swap vendors, spectators, etc.) that just won't make the drive for a 1-day show. I can name 15 cars right off the bat that don't attend the Fall show and with gas prices going up, I can only imagine what it will be like near future. Just coming from NorCal, it cost approx $250 (not including hotel: $262, food/misc: $200). For Spring Fling, I meet up with a large group of friends from AZ that are now only coming out for the Spring show (the past few years).

Overall, I had a great time and as years go on, it's more about seeing friends that I only get to see at the show and not so much the cars/parts (although those are right up there). Steve, thanks to you and the club for putting on the show. It gives us a place to reconnect with friends and show off our toys.

Go to youtube.com and type in the search word: MoparSprinFling08

Just a few of the videos I have downloaded.

Go to youtube.com and type in the search word: MoparSprinFling08

Just a few of the videos I have downloaded.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

John, I was patiently waiting for you !!!

:notworth: :notworth: :notworth:

Car **** at its best,,,thanks guys for the great pics, thanks to Johnny Dart for starting it:cheers:

What do you all think of 67GTX's burnout videos??

I posted some more videos.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Are there more?

Did you get my last burnout with the octane boost on the tires ??

:toothy10:

COOL!:toothy10:

I will plan for the spring fling next year... Disneyland here we come!

Aloha, Mike:cheers:

Spring Fling has the largest amount of Mopar show cars and largest Mopar swap meet west of the Mississippi. All on a grass tree lined park with free spectator admission, low food costs, low car show entry fees, even the T-shirts in black and grey were only $15.

Since the swap meet has a relatively low swap space fees for an event of this size, the non professional swapper can still afford to get a space. That means cheaper parts for spectators. The biggest plus about the swap is that they are all let in the park at the same time. There is no private pre day swap setup. At every other major Mopar event swappers setup a day before and then the pro swappers buy up all the good deals before regular spectators even get a chance.

Well, before my Saturday night burnouts I went off course at Willow Springs and slid/hit a mountain of gravel. 8)

SFSF2-14.jpg

Aftermath of my dust

SFSF2-16.jpg

That's why my tires are powdered with gravel dust in this pics and vids. There's actually gravel stuck between the bead and the rim edge I have to dig out of there.

SF08CruiseInCudaBurnout.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9vkCrjWZ30

Gawd I beat that poor car. :burnout:

-
Back