Spring Fling SoCal April 23-26

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spring Fling XXIII April 25th & 26, 2009 Held at Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA

2008 show: 500+ cars, 250+ swap, 40+ midways, 9,000+ FREE admission spectators, held in a beautiful tree lined and shaded park.

Less that 20 miles from LAX airport, Burbank Airport, Universal Studios, NBC studios, Magic Mountain, the Pacific Ocean, Beverly Hills, Hollywood...

New for 2009: Show cars that drive in without trailer will enter and exit the show field starting at 7:00am directly from a new north gate and entry. No dusty entry road. Show cars on trailers will enter the show starting at 7:00 along with the swap meeters. This is a response to some suggestions you all made on the survey forms you filled out.

sf09webbannerlarge.jpg

SPRING FLING XXIII
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
(subject to change and additions)

THURSDAY

Spring Fling Speed Festival
  • 3rd annual Mopar track event at Willow Springs Raceway
  • 40+ Mopars on the track last year
  • Bring you new Mopar or bring your old Mopar
  • Blueberry Pancake breakfast
  • Drivers mtg 7am (instructors present run groups sorted by experiance)
  • Free cruise laps 12pm for all spectators
  • Awards Pres. 5pm
  • Dinner 6:00 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72p5vVwjRkk

Spring Fling Speed Festival Video

FRIDAY

Coastal Caravan Cruise
  • Seaside, CA to Airtel 10 am
  • travel the coast scenic Hwy 1 with a train of awesome Mopars
  • Lunch at famous Madonna Inn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIUVy13qlNA

Malibu Driving Cruise:
  • Woodley Park to Malibu 9:30am
  • Stop at famous Rock Store biker hangout
  • Lunch overlooking beach

FF07CruiseNASBackyard-7a.jpg
FF07CruiseCalimoparguy-5a.jpg
FF07CruiseNASBackyard-14a.jpg

Mandatory Professional Manufactures ONLY Midway Setup (midway info: [email protected] )

SATURDAY

Spring Fling XXIII
  • World famous parts exchange 7am
  • Show & Shine NEW 7am entry time !! (show cars w/o trailers will enter from seperate north gate)
  • Manufactures Midway
  • Mopar Cruise-In Saturday evening
    • At California Car Cover
    • Located 9525 DeSoto Avenue Chatsworth, CA
    • At Plummer Street on the Northwest corner- Click here for map .
    • California Car Cover will will provide a FREE DINNER to each musclecar at the Cruise-In.

SUNDAY

Spring Fling XXIII
  • Parts exchange 7am
  • Show & Shine plus Judging NEW 7am entry time !! (show cars w/o trailers will enter from seperate north gate)
  • Manufactures Midway
  • Trophy Presentation 2pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0jJvb_6Diw

sf08davep012.jpg

sf08davep004.jpg

sf08davep045.jpg

sf08davep081.jpg

sf08groundslg.jpg

CudaNut, are you a member of CPW? I was just curious why all these old SF event threads are coming around. If it's a promo thing, just bring the current event threads up.

CudaNut, are you a member of CPW? I was just curious why all these old SF event threads are coming around. If it's a promo thing, just bring the current event threads up.

It's happens here at FABO with lots of old threads. I see over one year old for sale ads getting replied to every once in while.

Threads get bumped down very fast here because there's a lot of people on here with a lot of post. A compliment to this site! And I believe people don't look through the 20+ different forums we have here. They just hit "today's posts" or "new posts" For people like CudaNut that don't post here much, they are not going to know there's a huge thread already on the subject.

Yes he is a CPW member after I read his profile and connected dots. But this is not a promo thing. Just people trying to spread the word. It's just if you don't check FABO every couple days, someone is not going easily find out there's a huge thread on this. This place moves quickly.

It's mistake that happens here. Not constantly, but regularly.

Yes, absolutely familiar with how the threads/posts move on the forum. I am sure he did a search to find those older threads and thought he might come across the newer/ most up-to-date ones at the top of the search page first. I am just thinking about cutting down any confusion (re: dates, times, etc.) that old threads can cause. Since there are so many threads for the event, I may delete the newer ones or merge them into one or two threads.

Just a suggestion, but maybe event threads should be locked after the event has passed. Most people wanting to comment and post pics after the event will usually start their own thread. Again, just a suggestion :read2:

Just a suggestion, but maybe event threads should be locked after the event has passed. Most people wanting to comment and post pics after the event will usually start their own thread. Again, just a suggestion :read2:

Good suggestion Craig! Now, it's just a matter of backtracking a little and locking threads .

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back