Spun a Rod Bearing..FLORIDA Help!

-
The parts are back from the machine shop and the block is back from Daytona where it got it's line bore... (it added a couple hundred plus some transport cost).

The heads look great........cleaned up the ports a little too.......Block is all set, and looks to be a premium job.......

It's gettin' painted, cleaned up around the edges, assembled, and probably fired up on Friday or Saturday morning some time......30 over pistons, and 10 thousandths off the deck (I wonder where the compression will come in now).......

The transmission is gettin' a complete rebuild, heavy clutch kit, shift kit.....shorten the driveshaft and balance.......and I decided to have them put in my 8-3/4 while it's in the air.......they're gonna put on new shock plates and take care of the braking system.....

Thus far, all told........Complete rebuild on the 273, rip and replace; Repaint the engine bay; repaint the front suspension and K-Frame; Rebuild and HD the 904 tranny; shorten and balance the shaft with replacement yoke; Install the 8-3/4 rear, and complete rear brake set-up........$3200.

It could go up a little I'd bet, BUT so far it's a heck of a deal........We shall see in the next few days just how good.

Attachments

• 117_1776.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 138
  • 117_1777.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 117_1778.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 98
I see things are coming a long nicely. What did you decide on the trans? I had my 727 pulled and rebuilt with mild upgrades for 900.00 in Cocoa, FL. They did a excellent job. If they will do it for that I would give them the green light. Nothing like a new engine and trans. MMG8)

I'm sticking with the 904.......plenty strong for a snotty 273, and with a nice shift kit she'll chirp just fine.

I'm probably going to install one of my custom built Hurst Pistol set-ups in the car too....cable op, straight line shift.........I love the feel of the pistols....I really miss the Dart Sport in the pic....that was my favorite.

$3200. for all this work is a great price these days.......Can't wait to get it all buttoned up and back under the carport.......Cruises and shows are just startin' to kick in down here.

Attachments

• 112_1256.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 97
I'm sticking with the 904.......plenty strong for a snotty 273, and with a nice shift kit she'll chirp just fine.

I'm probably going to install one of my custom built Hurst Pistol set-ups in the car too....cable op, straight line shift.........I love the feel of the pistols....I really miss the Dart Sport in the pic....that was my favorite.

$3200. for all this work is a great price these days.......Can't wait to get it all buttoned up and back under the carport.......Cruises and shows are just startin' to kick in down here.

Tell me more about that shifter!!!! That looks awesome! How'd you do it? Do you sell them?

-
Back