Squeaking noise....any ideas??

-

slantysix

SlantySix
Reaction score
My truck I used to tow with has a squeaky noise from underneath, sounds like it's from the rear. Checked rotors and calipers as well as parking brake, u-joints, leaves... sprayed some lubricant underneath everywhere still squeaking but only in reverse but a little quieter now... It's only when you back up??? In gear or coasting...2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi 4x4, any ideas? It has 40000 km and only averages 7000 km a year.

My truck I used to tow with has a squeaky noise from underneath, sounds like it's from the rear. Checked rotors and calipers as well as parking brake, u-joints, leaves... sprayed some lubricant underneath everywhere still squeaking but only in reverse but a little quieter now... It's only when you back up??? In gear or coasting...2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi 4x4, any ideas? It has 40000 km and only averages 7000 km a year.
Hey Roman,jack your truck up on stands(rear)put it in reverse and climb under for a better diagnos.Could be a small stone caught in rotor?or a u-joint?Does it come and go?You don,t hear anything in forward?

Usually it's the control arm bushings! It will drive you nuts too when the torsion bar sockets are dry as a popcorn fart!
Pt

U joints are fine, one day I will replace with greasable one's...Was a little rock between the rotor and caliper...gone now no more squeaking...I've got a gravel driveway, hence the rock....thanks to all for the help...

Hey Roman,the rock thing happens all the time,can be a frustrating diagnos.Need any 15X7 LBP steelies?I put my slicks on rallys.

-
Back