Srt-68 Barracuda

-
I fear it's in the ABS. I hope the trans controller is no good. Controllers are relatively cheap and prone to failure. Unit has 16,000 miles on it, but who knows what happened during the crash. If the ABS has to be working, well........ If that's the case, I'll have to regroup on a different trans, which would suck big time. I have scoured the world on this computer, and it seems no one has done what I'm trying to do. Figures. Plenty of 6.1 swaps and aftermarket harnesses and other transmissions. So, it looks like I'm alone on this one. I love nature, but this wilderness thing sucks.

hey mate,

just curious, is the ECU or TCU Registering any error codes? Maybe within the accident something malfunctioned and sent it into Limp Mode? Had a Similar issue with my Brother's Audi (I know its not the same box, but same principal applied)

just a thought,,,that tranny is designed by the germans at benz,,,maybe some one at AMG has a idea whats going on,,,AMG is the hi performance group at BENZ,,, dumb thought,, just thought ide throw it out there,,or some transmission shop in the states that deals with the newer electronic trannys

Generational thing.....its the new kids they just can't communicate with us older guys.....to much time in front of the Nad steralizer playin Xbox.

You just need to slap it around a bit until it gets the point....nothing say's communication like a good old crack from the backside of your hand.

If that don't work you can call geek squad.

Mop

Well, I got the Reflectix installed, floor and back panel/speaker deck only. Did not get to the doors or ceiling, ran out of time and spray adhesive. It is noticeably quieter, but not as much as I had hoped. Wonder how much difference the doors/ceiling would make at this point?

ScreenHunter_01 Apr. 12 20.56.jpg

ScreenHunter_02 Apr. 12 20.57.jpg

The reason it is not quieter is because it is a temp barrier not a sound barrier.

You will need something like lizard skin or Hush mat to really quiet things down. The Hush mat acts as a vibration dampening mechanism....disrupts sound waves and vibrations and thus quiets your car....by coincidence and due to its reflective foil cover it also acts like the product you are using which is a temperature control mechanism.

Put the carpet on and it will be a bit quieter but more importantly less HEAT in the coming months.

Mop

PS

Awesome job on the install....do the ceiling for sure but not inside the doors.....just spray some good quality bed liner/undercoating in there...the kind that dries...into the door and QP areas....that will take care of dampening sound in those panels...you could put some of the chrome on the door in place of the plastic barrier between the door panels and the doors...I guess.

Nice work anyway.

Mop

The nag1 trans uses the wheel speed sensors from the abs as its output speed sensor. Trans will not shift and go into limp mode with out readings from rear speed sensors.

ok, just spoke to a tuner in europe (he is doing my brothers audi) and he says a ECU reflash can remove the need of the rear sensors, as there is already two built into the box.

The Rear's are mainly for the ABS Module to Determine if there is Wheel Spin.

Thanks, guys. I'm looking into it. The sensors in the trans are for input speed, not output. The trans needs output to function, so a reflash won't help. But I'll check with Chrysler. Thanks for all your help.

Can you imagine what it will take to build tone rings and sensors for an 83/4?. Holy Moly.

I kinda think I've got it figured out. ECM cannot be reprogrammed to ignore. The NAG1 needs input from the rear wheels. I'm gonna build it off of the driveshaft. 2 sensors. left and right, using the same tone ring. I will have to make the ring, and I'm working on the math for that. I will certainly keep you posted. This will be cool as hell if I can make it work.

what about an 8.25 rear axle from a 05 to 09 wk grand cherokee, they have the nag trans and the rear axle has left and right side wheel speed sensors with disc brakes, wheel speed sensors are not hard wired to powertrain control module , on the can bus network from anti-lock brake controller, may have to add an anti-lock brake controller just to bus wheel speed sensor info to powertrain controller. also wondered how you will have a working speedometer(wheel speed data shared with ccn(instrument cluster)). how does the speedo work in your dart with the 45rfe trans?

That would be my same question cudarudy. I am doing the conversion and I am woundering if there is a converter for the spedo to electronic or vise versa.

Cudarudy, excellent idea. Might end up doing that. It definitely will have to bus through the ABS module. I've got one coming. Wiring that up won't be difficult. I'll check on the price of an 8.25, but the way things have been with these boneyards I'm sure it won't be cheap. I'll let you know tomorrow.

As for the speedo, when I was building the Dart it became an expensive proposition to have a working speedo. The output speed sensor on the 45rfe is not compatible with aftermarket electronic speedos--perhaps someone has come up with a cure since then, but during my build there wasn't. I would have had to purchase a new tailhousing that somebody out there is making to drive a gear. At the time, they wanted $600 for the tailhousing--F-that. I don't care for nor need a speedo, but if a customer wanted one I could do it. Betcha money that they would choke on the cost. So screw the speedo. I'm sure somebody out there will find a cheaper solution someday.

Speedo is only a reference for comparing how fast you think you were going vs. how fast the cop that just pulled you over knows your going.....his is right most of the time so why mess with yours....just ask him how fast you were going when he pulled you over and make a mental note not to go that fast in that area again.

Yeah, the GPS stuff works great. Took a friend for a ride in the Dart and he brought his along for the ride. Shifted into 3rd gear at 107MPH. I'd say we were going fast.

That was a closed course of course......no way would any of us do something so reckless on a public road....:snakeman:

-
Back