SRT4 Neon owners

-
Unfortunetly for us here in australia,we didnt get the srt4's.
Dont get on an assault train here, but ive noticed how american
cars interiors just dont cut it lately. Well lets say the past
30 years.
You look at all the old classics inside an its unbeleivable.
TOdays cars are like 'ergh'....

Only a handfull of the top of line cars are any good,
vipers,etc...

like this one???

0828081735.jpg

^^^mine

05 was the last year of production. The side air bags and sunroof were both optional. Mine has neither, and thats just the way I wanted it. I told the dealer I wanted a white ACR with no other options or the deal wasnt happening. The Stone White paint and ACR package were both half year options (sound familiar?) for 05, so the window to order one was pretty small. I got lucky and my local dealer found one at another dealer and traded a caravan for it.

momoparman, Ill run your caliber SRToaster anytime you'd like since my ugly egg-mobile is obviously inferior to your turbo SUV. I test drove one. It was fun. But mine is more fun, imho. To each their own.

Is that a Taurus?

New year special....
2008 Burr SRT4
$16.5K
20K miles
Adult owned.
Runs like a striped *** ape.
Black crystal pearl paint.
One tiny dent in door from door ding...simple paintless repair.
Still under warranty
BRAND new tires.
Always garaged......

Have fun with it.

Is that the green tarp garage you hear so much about.:poke::toothy7:

All in good fun moparman

Adam, I used to have an srt4 and used to be REALLY into them a couple years ago. I have been in a lot of certs from bone stock to stage 3 and they are all sweet. i think they look awesome, especially all blacked out. Mine had the stage one upgrade exhaust and intake and it was pretty fast and those were all cheap upgrades. The best thing about these cars is how good they sound. As far as cheap there are some really good deals on these cars, with some shopping around you should easily find a clean good mileage car for 10k and they still get cheaper. Just stay away from the 03s and your good to go. Remind me when I stop by to get the rest of that stuff ( which will prolly be this weekend and I can give you a really good rundown on the car) btw my car had 55k on it when I sold it was beaten on relentlessly and ran PERFECT.
Also know a guy probably not something you would be into but he is here in shelton and has a super clean all black, full set up brakes suspension everything almost 400 hp and he wants 12k obo for his. could always take it for a spin to see if its what you are looking for.

Cool thanks Austin. The 400hp one sounds like fun but I need to finance it and dont think I can get a loan from my bank. I have a dealership I've bought from in the past that will usually find what Im looking for so I will try them.

Let me know when your coming. Im gonna drag some stuff out of the basement for you to look through .

like this one???

0828081735.jpg

^^^mine

05 was the last year of production. The side air bags and sunroof were both optional. Mine has neither, and thats just the way I wanted it. I told the dealer I wanted a white ACR with no other options or the deal wasnt happening. The Stone White paint and ACR package were both half year options (sound familiar?) for 05, so the window to order one was pretty small. I got lucky and my local dealer found one at another dealer and traded a caravan for it.

momoparman, Ill run your caliber SRToaster anytime you'd like since my ugly egg-mobile is obviously inferior to your turbo SUV. I test drove one. It was fun. But mine is more fun, imho. To each their own.

Yeah....errrr...I knew that.....what I meant to say was that I was expecting to buy an '06, but then when I found out there wasn't going to BE an '06.....I looked around @ some new '05's.....and it was too late to order a stripped white ACR, nor could I find one. Oh well, my black stripper served me well......

Also, isn't the Caliber SRT-4's engine totally different than the Neon SRT-4?......I've heard it is now based off a Hyundai engine....and is shared also with the Eclipse too. Fact or fiction?

Is that a Taurus?

sure. at least mine doesnt look like an aztek :vom:

you obviously dont have much experience with these cars, i can tell by all the misinformation your spewing about. i bid you good luck on buying a new one, since they dont make them anymore. im sure you already knew that though.

yes, the caliber 2.4 is based on the new world engine. several vehicles share the same basic design, but i dont know which ones. hyundai and mitsu sure would not be a surprise.

I have a buddy with a SRT 4 neon

gets 33 mpg, best time this past summer was a 11.90 in the 1/4. Has about 200 runs on it and needs a clutch (this one was put in about 2 years ago.

It has a stage three kit on it, runs drag radials or slicks. He bought it new and said about 3,500 in mods to get from 14 stock to low 12's. This is his summer daily driver.

Drove to Mopar Nats last year on the drag radials got over 30 mpg with ac on, lowered air pressure, run low 12's, air tires up drove to hotel, back the next day and on sunday drove it home.

He has trailered it only one time and that was the day he run the 11.90. The track was prepped well, his slicks on and coil overs adjusted. he was afraid to drive it the 80 miles to the track with this setup and possibly break something trying to get it in the 11's

This is what he would like to do. Find a totaled SRT and buy a 2 door neon, swap the drive train for the SRT to the coupe. Coupe is 500 lbs lighter than the srt, thinks it would make a faster car.

He has had no real problems that you would not expect.

I'm thinking he said he has like 385 wheel HP. Claims the stock short block can take more and hold up.

he also said the Mustang and Comaro guys will count back to see who they run and when they see they are up against the neon they pull out. They hate getting beat by it.

His Brother had a ARC SRT4 Neon also with stage 3, sold it to get new RT Challenger, his insurance on the RT is quite a bit less than the SRT

The insurance is high because it is a car that the younger crowd can buy and they crash them regularly. Seen leaving the Kokomo car show a few years back and 3 SRT's left together, 1st one, smoking the tires, 2nd one smokes the tires 3rd smoking the tires, 1st one stops, 2nd one hits him, 3rd one hits 2nd, what DUMBA**ES

The guy that painted my Dart had one he was fixing that had been totaled, guy bought it for 2K, just wanted a fun fast daily driver. I think he got a good deal on it. The car had some mods and really wasn't hurt that bad.

like this one???

0828081735.jpg

did you remove the rear spoiler?

Talked to one of Chrysler engineer on SRT team and he told me the spoiler was important for high speed stability, just like on the Superbird and Daytona.

I was telling him if I got one I would remove the spoiler and make it look more like a cookie cutter neon, that is why he told me it wasn't a good idea if planning on any high speed runs

yes, i removed the spoiler for a bit. found a wrecked white neon in the junk yard and grabbed the deck lid. the wife nagged about it and i put the stock trunk/wing back on. the wing is functional, but i dont go fast enough to use it. i have too much to lose.

there are alot of stupid srt drivers. they are cheap and fast, and alot of kids buy them and wreck them. insurance was ridiculous when i bought it, but its been cut nearly in half since then though.

Wildcat-
this dude's brother with that had the acr, is his name bill? there is a fellow on the indiana srt forum that sold it to buy a Challenger. he goes by IndyBill, and his srt ran a 12.05 iirc.

I was checking out the SRT forums the other day. Lots of young guys who kknow everything and every other thread over there seems to be "I wrecked my SRT"

I all most crapped when I got the insurance quote., Im 32 Married with a clean drivers history and the insurance is $180 a year more then my Hemi Ram.

yup, when I had mine it had the highest premium of any car in the country

dodge caliber ...because all the good designers were working in the challenger :snakeman:

I actually traded my SRT for my 69 Dart with a 440 about a month ago. It was Flame Red and had lots of mods. Did about 375 to the wheels on stock motor and trans. Ran 116mph in the 1/4 mile. Very fun car to drive! Would definatly recommend for a FAST and fun car and still got 28 mpg!

Adam if you really want a cheap dependable mopar and like the neon, try buying a 98 or 99 with a dohc and a 5 spd. They are peppy lil drives and mine usually averages about 40 mpg on the highway and 25-30 depending on how i drive it in the city. And aplus is they have 2 door models that make both the 00 up and calibers look like crap.

Wildcat-
this dude's brother with that had the acr, is his name bill? there is a fellow on the indiana srt forum that sold it to buy a Challenger. he goes by IndyBill, and his srt ran a 12.05 iirc.

Probably him, silver ARC he and his brother both had SRT 4 and each would upgrade about the same time, both run within .01 and MPH of the other. Bill sold his and bought the tor red classic RT Challenger. Misses his SRT but likes his Challenger.

No Offense to any SRT-4 owners, but from my experience the owners of these cars are funny to talk to. I've had a few people get butthurt when i called it a neon...they would insist it was simply an SRT-4. lol

Pretty badass cars though. There was a guy at my local track with a black one. He turned up the boost, ran nitrous, and the thing would do like low 11s.

I've seen 1 SRT-4 caliber at the track. Didnt seem to move as well as the neons, but i like its looks a lot better.

Im guessing if you owned either you would be swapping in sbc power right? Im sorry but im never forgeting that thread you made and never going to let you forget.

A good friend of mine works at the Dodge Dealership. He drove an SRT Caliber when they came out and said the motor awesome. But too much motor for the car.

The car had the worst torque steer he had ever encountered. When he shifted it, it wanted to be in the next lane immediately. The salesman that was riding shotgun about crapped himself! My buddy's first thought was that if a 17 year old kid got this thing he would kill himself.

-
Back