srt8 brembo's

-

wracks71

Reaction score
has anybody seen or used any calipers from any of the srt8 cars on our a bodies? i found a set reasonable and wondered if it is possible.but i guess anything is possible!

your right anything is possible with fabrication and such, I honestly have no idea about the calipers and all that but if you happin to try it out post pics and let us know, I mean i guess it would be a similar thing as using wilwood, just have to make sure the rotors are the right thickness. Just my guess though

Among other considerations, they are huge, and you would need to go to 20 inch wheels.

How cheap? I have already put the SRT suspension and wheels on my R/T. :D

already did. he said he has not had any dealings with them.

Did you ask him if he would do something with them? Tell him you could get a set that he could use to build some mounts?

Pretty sure they are very similar to the Viper ones, but the bolt spacing is different, so it would need some work. Pretty sure he is kind of getting out of this stuff, so maybe it isn't something he wants to do anything with anymore.

I know he has mocked up an SRT8 rotor and Viper caliper on his custom hub, though. That would be cool, but you would have to go to an 18" wheel (at least).

You could "roll-yur-own", but it would be some work.

i have bullits on my duster,so i was hoping to get them in there. 13" fronts would be the ticket. i do tool and die work,but the time is the problem! i am already down with the 5 spd deal and i have a bunch of other stuff going on with it,so i would like to drive it sometime!

You could even machine up your own aluminum/steel bracket to make them fit a stock hub. Oz_Hemi over on moparts did that with Brembo's on his Torona and he isn't even a machinist. He just made a cardboard template of where he wanted it and transferred it onto a piece of aluminum stock. It turned out great. If they are that good of a deal, I'd try it.

They could be fit into some higher end 18's I'd bet.

Well, they have had a lot of discussions about them on the Challenger forumz.

The spare tire, for the cars with 18s stock, will not fit over the Brembos, thus the SRTs are not offered with a spare, just a pump with glue in it.

I have the SRT 20s on my Challenger, and there is a LOT of room with my stock R/T brakes.

I am sure someone can figure out how to make them work though, if they are determined.

the viper calipers are on thier way and i am pricing around on the late viper 13" setup from AR. i am going to order my firm feel uca's today. i'll post some pics whenever i get to workin on it!

-
Back