SRT8 Dart - Finished!

-

gocirino

Reaction score
Just completed my SRT8 Dart and have been driving it now for several weeks. The 6.1 Hemi runs like a champ along with the 4L60E automatic, alterkation front end, Dana rear with a triangulated four link. Life is good now! It's been a long year and a half build.

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_1927.jpg

IMG_1928.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg

Wheels are:Billet Specialities GTX70 (Newstalgiawheels.com)

Front: 7x17 (5.25” Backspace) Tires: GoodYear F1GS 225/45

Rear: 9.5x17 (4.5” Backspace)Tires: GoodYear F1GS 285/40

IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_2148.jpg

IMG_2454.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

IMG_2519.jpg

Congrats John.. I can't wait to get mine done so we can go cruise to a show or something.

As far as aftermarket 3rd gen hemi stuff there is only one company I deal with that has set sevreal truck and car records including my stroker... Inertiamotorsports.com I know the owner of "Franks racing" and they do ok stuff but Inerita's products are far superior with out the hassle now knowing when you are gonna get your parts.

Jason

Outstanding car! I'm not too far from you, in Northern VA. just outside Springfield VA. We have several Abodies that are regulars to the local cruise scene. Perhaps we can meet up for a local cruise in MD.?

How about a general background description, i.e. started with a 1968 Dart (was it a /6 car, 318, or 340 factory car), ended with the following subassemblies:

1) Alterkation front end; which exhaust system used (custom)?

2) Which dash bezel / insert and what gauges? which wiring harness used?

3) What rear in the car (A body 8.75?)? Rear discs?

4) the body and paint work --- local, whi did it and what was needed?

5) the interior --- which seats, which mounting tracks?

OUTSTANDING JOB on this car!
Congrats on a job well done!

Really nice. I have an SRT-8 Magnum. The magnum is scary fast, especially from 60-140mph so I can't imagine what your Dart is like with 1000lbs less weight. Really nice.

Great looking car!!! Congrats.
Can you explain how you made the instrument panel especially with the recessed look?

Looks awesome. Any fitment problems with the engine/trans? Was that a 4L60e with a mopar bellhousing or an adaptor plate?

Stunning car, take that to some local car shows! You will win every one of them! And man does maryland look good, The grass and hills in the background, compared to cornfields here.

1) I used TTi headers, not a perfect fit, but like most aftermarket parts they get you 90% there and you do the rest.

2) The late Rocky Mtn Dash was used with AutoMeter Sport Comp ll gauges. Wiring harness was Ron Francis throughout the car.

3) Rear is a Strange Dana with 3.54 gears. The trans is geared to simulate a 4.10 until fourth gear then it's cruise time. An Alterkation triangulated four link was used. I used the mig in spray mode to weld it together and used a 1.5 degree pinion angle. New ford Explorer rear brakes were used along with Wilwood six piston calipers up front. Let me ad one thing, Bill Reilly from Alterkation rocks!

4) I did the body and paint. When I bought the car a couple of years ago it wasn't done very well. So I straightened things out bigtime because of the hi-gloss black. I used PPG DP90 epoxy primer, K38 2K filler primer and three coats of Jet Black paint. Cleared it twice with PPG 8152 clear, wet sanded and applied three more coats. Wet sanded again, let it sit for three day to "gas off" and buffed it out using the Norton Liquid Ice system, 3 pads and one compound/detailing spray.

5) Seats are stock.

6) Trans is Keisler 4L60e 4 speed. This was not an easy install since I was the launch customer to put this unit in an A-Body. I could write a book just on this subject.

7) FAST ignition and fuel components keep it running.

8), and yes I did 110% of the work on the car except the dyno tune.

Glad you all are enjoying the car, I know I am!!!!!! Thanks again!

IMG_0599.jpg

Does it get better then this :cheers: Great build and congrat's=P~
You have built a top shelf A body:-D:-D

Car it a very nice package. Nice work. I'd like to hear some track times for it when you get bored of just driving it :D

Car it a very nice package. Nice work. I'd like to hear some track times for it when you get bored of just driving it :D

The way it handles I'm ready to take it road racing then to the drag strip. I'll have to see what it does also.
It's just great to be driving an A-Body around since there are so few, and I feel they don't get much respect either.

-
Back