SRT8 Dart - Finished!

-
The car is amazing but what is equally impressive it that you did it yourself!
Great job ,thanks for sharing:cheers:

The car is amazing but what is equally impressive it that you did it yourself!
Great job ,thanks for sharing:cheers:

Thanks man..... the year and a half was full-time and then some. Lots of de-bugging parts and electronics. When you work by yourself it just seems to take forever. There were days I wanted to say "F" it! Paint and body work was real intense also. Now it just seems like a blip on the radar screen.

THAT is an awesome build,an something to be VERY proud of!
Im glad to hear your out an enjoying it!

Its a beautiful car!
:)

Wow, search landed this beauty.. bad *** car. Stock Wheel tubs?

That is an awesome Dart. If you can write a book on this subject you should, I know I would read it. I'd also love to see more pics of it.

What can I say it's all been said. Congrats on an spectacular car.

How come we never see these kinda of car projects in the magazines? Great looking car. I would like to see some 1/4 mile times on this thing. It ought to be a rocket.

Love the clean lines without all the factory trim, very very sharp. Makes me want to go back to black on my 68

Beautiful car man. You did an awesome job......but....I gotta say it......without some rubber meltin pics......it's a poser. LOL

I can't believe you didn't do the dyno tune! lazy bastard! I have to tell you Dude, your car looks outstanding............Congradulations :notworth:

More pics. Did you ever think about going with a paddle shifter set up? Just curious. Also, any videos? I am a ***** to know...

Great job.

John,

Car looks great. We definitely had a learning curve on your kit. Thanks to your perseverance we made it through. We have at 50+ Abody running this unit many behind 3rd Gen Hemi's.

Thanks for sharing and you did a great job.

Old thread indeed, but very nice car! I don't know if this member still comes around???

How come we never see these kinda of car projects in the magazines? Great looking car. I would like to see some 1/4 mile times on this thing. It ought to be a rocket.

I may have an email address left for someone, may send this link...

u never se this type of article in a magazine[ because all the magazine are intrested in E body or new SRT vehicles it seems,,,/COLOR]

1) I used TTi headers, not a perfect fit, but like most aftermarket parts they get you 90% there and you do the rest.

2) The late Rocky Mtn Dash was used with AutoMeter Sport Comp ll gauges. Wiring harness was Ron Francis throughout the car.

3) Rear is a Strange Dana with 3.54 gears. The trans is geared to simulate a 4.10 until fourth gear then it's cruise time. An Alterkation triangulated four link was used. I used the mig in spray mode to weld it together and used a 1.5 degree pinion angle. New ford Explorer rear brakes were used along with Wilwood six piston calipers up front. Let me ad one thing, Bill Reilly from Alterkation rocks!

4) I did the body and paint. When I bought the car a couple of years ago it wasn't done very well. So I straightened things out bigtime because of the hi-gloss black. I used PPG DP90 epoxy primer, K38 2K filler primer and three coats of Jet Black paint. Cleared it twice with PPG 8152 clear, wet sanded and applied three more coats. Wet sanded again, let it sit for three day to "gas off" and buffed it out using the Norton Liquid Ice system, 3 pads and one compound/detailing spray.

5) Seats are stock.

6) Trans is Keisler 4L60e 4 speed. This was not an easy install since I was the launch customer to put this unit in an A-Body. I could write a book just on this subject.

7) FAST ignition and fuel components keep it running.

8), and yes I did 110% of the work on the car except the dyno tune.

Glad you all are enjoying the car, I know I am!!!!!! Thanks again!

That car is bad ***! I'm going to build a 68 similar to yours but as a super stocker clone. I think it is awsome when a guy can do it all himself and that is how i intend to build mine!

-
Back