SRT8CUDA Build

-
Setting up the FAST software is taking longer than I expected. I went through the setup procedure and then sent some screenshots off to David Page at FAST/CompCams. He is a busy man but has been very patient and helpful.
I was using the latest version of C-COM (V2.051) and David said I had to do a firmware upgrade flash on my XFI box. Got that done, but some setup parameters still didn't look right, so David took my baseline tune and modified it and sent it back which fixed everything.
The only outstanding issue is that my MAP sensor is reading low (eg actual pressure is 102kPa and the sensor reads 92kPa)
I've got another on order and it should be here tomorrow.
Once I get that sorted out, I can bolt the intake manifold back on, install the rad, fill with coolant and start the countdown to "Ignition sequence start"

I had my decal company make me a custom set of wide gloss white stripes with "6.1 HEMI" cutouts instead of the stock "340" or "383" cutouts.

Attachments

• IMG_2813.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 995
make sure you update what the MAP does, my system is the same reads max at 92-95, haven't tinkered with it at all...

JOE

Setting up the FAST software is taking longer than I expected. I went through the setup procedure and then sent some screenshots off to David Page at FAST/CompCams. He is a busy man but has been very patient and helpful.
I was using the latest version of C-COM (V2.051) and David said I had to do a firmware upgrade flash on my XFI box. Got that done, but some setup parameters still didn't look right, so David took my baseline tune and modified it and sent it back which fixed everything.
The only outstanding issue is that my MAP sensor is reading low (eg actual pressure is 102kPa and the sensor reads 92kPa)
I've got another on order and it should be here tomorrow.
Once I get that sorted out, I can bolt the intake manifold back on, install the rad, fill with coolant and start the countdown to "Ignition sequence start"

That is exciting for sure! I'm really not looking forward to my 6.1 wiring fiasco!

make sure you update what the MAP does, my system is the same reads max at 92-95, haven't tinkered with it at all...

JOE

Got a new sensor and it reads exactly the same as the original one on the Hemi at atmospheric pressure. I've concluded this is probably a non issue. If there is a small error, the XFI box is going to compensate in closed loop (or in learn mode") by adjusting the fuel flow or I can adjust the fuel map

Tell us more about the decal, I would really like to see it when it's applied. Looks really nice.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Tell us more about the decal, I would really like to see it when it's applied. Looks really nice.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Joe
The decal is just a copy of the stock wide stripe with "6.1 HEMI" replacing the "340" cutout. It is gloss white, which should contrast well with the blue paint. This is a photo of a black stripe on a yellow Barracuda.
Jim

Attachments

• qg-479_12.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 893
Main engine start:D

Fired up the Hemi for the first time:blob:

Stalled a few times after starting and it is surging somewhat at idle, so idle tuning is required. The engine sounds great and I'll post a video of the start when I get a few minutes.

awesome!!! thats great, can't wait for a vid!!! Thanks for the heads up not the new sensor… I may just change my top Kpa to just above what I useso I use all the space for finer tuning…

mine surged at idle initially because the timing had drastic changes right off the idle "boxes" so it would idle just high enough to "jump" into the next box and the timing change would cause it to rev up, it would self correct idle speed down, then repeat…. over and over… I made a slower ramp of timing in all directions of the idle area and its much better…

joe

Joe
I noticed the timing jumping around at idle so I'll trying smoothing it out as you suggested
Thanks!
Jim

Made several fuel and ignition map changes as suggested by David Page at FAST. Now have a nice smooth idle. Next steps are to smooth out the rest of the maps.

Oh yes - CUDASRT8, your wait is over. Here is the start-up video:D

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l4cBR2QREE&feature=youtu.be"]6 1 L Hemi initial startup - YouTube[/ame]

After installing the dash and steering column, I was looking at the FAST wiring diagrams and I realized that there are 5 fuses in the FAST main harness assemblies that are now inaccessible behind the dash:banghead:
(Once the windshield is installed, the dash to cowl bolts are inaccessible and you cant remove the dash)
So had to unbolt the dash, swing it down and cut the 5 fuses out of the harness, extend the wiring and bring them all into the glovebox where they would be accessible.

Attachments

• IMG_2843.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 733
After installing the dash and steering column, I was looking at the FAST wiring diagrams and I realized that there are 5 fuses in the FAST main harness assemblies that are now inaccessible behind the dash:banghead:
(Once the windshield is installed, the dash to cowl bolts are inaccessible and you cant remove the dash)
So had to unbolt the dash, swing it down and cut the 5 fuses out of the harness, extend the wiring and bring them all into the glovebox where they would be accessible.

Oh damn!! :banghead::burnout:

One step backwards.

Try to look at the bright side it's better to discover this now than after you put the windshield in.

Lookin good.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

One step backwards.

Try to look at the bright side it's better to discover this now than after you put the windshield in.

Lookin good.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Yes that. Glad you got it before having it further together.

-
Back