SRT8CUDA Build

-
Since this is to be a fun cruising car, I wanted to add soundproofing and that is why I added all the Dynamat/Eastwood type material to the floor and firewall. After reading several technical articles on soundproofing, I decided to add a layer of 1/4" closed cell foam on top of the adhesive mat. After I get it on the road, I'll see if it worked as specified.
Got it from an aircraft supply company where it is used to soundproof cockpits. http://www.aircraft-spruce.ca/catalog/appages/supersoundproofsheet.php

Attachments

• IMG_2850.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,246
nice work on the sound deadening stuff. I did the same with mine, RAAM audio sells a peel and stick version.

JOE

Finished the soundproofing and got the carpet installed, plus the trunk

Attachments

• IMG_2873.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,168
  • IMG_2864.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 1,153
  • IMG_2869.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,157
Started to fabricate a prototype cold air intake box. Opened up the existing hole in the rad support a little for better air flow.

Attachments

• IMG_2901.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,112
  • IMG_2895.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,107
Also fabricated a relay panel which I'll install inside the cold air intake box (with suitable rain protection) This takes most of the load off the bulkhead connector
On the panel I've mounted:
- a daylight running module which will power the front turnsignal lamps (LED) . (Daniel Stern Lighting)
- 2 relays for the fans
- 2 relays for high and low beam headlamps (Daniel Stern Lighting)
- a relay for the AC clutch

I made a new wiring harness for the headlights using 12 Ga wire and the ceramic headlight connectors from Dan Stern. The headlights are Cibie with H4 70/65 W lamps.

Attachments

• IMG_2903.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,125
Love watching this build. I remember seeing it on the trailer at the cruise night in kincardine last summer, looked like a great work in progress and only gets better!

I saw a couple pages back you're putting in kick panel speakers, did you end up just getting them from a US vendor online, or did you find a Canadian supplier? I'm looking for a set for my Dart.

Love watching this build. I remember seeing it on the trailer at the cruise night in kincardine last summer, looked like a great work in progress and only gets better!

I saw a couple pages back you're putting in kick panel speakers, did you end up just getting them from a US vendor online, or did you find a Canadian supplier? I'm looking for a set for my Dart.

I had hoped to drive it to a cruise night this year - but progress is slow!!!

I got the speakers from Numberone Sound, College st, Toronto, but when I look at their web site now, I dont see them. I had them install Pioneer TS-G4644R speakers.
Jim

I've been working with David Page at FAST to get everything calibrated on my setup. I had looked on the internet to find the flow rate on my injectors and found several different numbers, but I used 30 lb/hr that seemed to be the correct number. David strongly suggested getting the injectors flow tested to be sure. I took one to a local shop and it flowed 90 cc in 15 secs which works out to 34.28 lb/hr at 58 psi.
So I had the wrong flow rate in the XFI box.

These are the stock 2010 6.1 L SRT8 hemi injectors p/n 05037479AA

Attachments

• IMG_2931.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 947
When I was installing the battery disconnect switch (on the negative side of the battery), I hadn't bothered to disconnect all the FAST XFI/XIM wiring at the battery. (All the XFI and XIM positive and negative leads must be connected directly to the battery according to the FAST instructions)
During this rewiring and testing of the switch, I inadvertently set up a ground path through the XFI box.
Then when I later fired up the engine, my IAC would not work. After more phone calls to David Page at FAST, he concluded there was something wrong with my XFI box or the IAC.
They have both been shipped to FAST and I just got the results. The good news is my IAC is fine, the bad news is my XFI box has been damaged and needs repair:banghead:

All due to my own stupidity:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Attachments

• Battery connections that caused the damage.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,001
  • Correct Battery connections.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,189
Off topic, i am building a 67 FB barracuda was considering RMS front and rear suspension. Since you have install one in your build, would you recommend it? Also can you list pro and con from your prospective.

Off topic, i am building a 67 FB barracuda was considering RMS front and rear suspension. Since you have install one in your build, would you recommend it? Also can you list pro and con from your prospective.

Pro's
1. Bill Reilly is a great person to deal with. He will go out of his way to assist you if you have any questions during installation. (e.g. I could not figure out how to get the steering rack installed. Bill used a car in the shop, set it up exactly like mine and made a video to send to me. )
2. Both kits are high quality and robust
3. Both kits have a lot of adjustability in the suspension. (Bill will help you tune the suspension after you get it on the road)
4. You can get everything powder coated - which I did.

Con's
1. It is an expensive kit, but includes everything you need.
2. Some parts of the instructions didn't apply to my exact setup, so it was harder to figure out some steps ( But again, Bill got right back to me to clarify)
3. Some people on the web said that his front suspension is poorly designed and unsafe. That initially put me off, but after a careful review (I'm a mechanical engineer) , I concluded that it is well designed and safe.

I would definitely recommend the kits based on my experience
Jim

Hey thanks for you all your information. This helps a lot, rms seems like a good product, but its nice to here first hand.

This thread has convinced me to put a Gen III Hemi in my sport project. I love the detail in your posts. Keep up the great work! Just wish I was closer to see it in person!

This thread has convinced me to put a Gen III Hemi in my sport project. I love the detail in your posts. Keep up the great work! Just wish I was closer to see it in person!

Do it, it is a great motor. Plus our cars weigh 1500-2000 lbs less than the chargers/challengers/trucks that they are coming out of. I feel this is one of the top 2 best things I have ever done to my car.

Thanks!
Just PM me if you need help at any time
Jim

Heading to Carlisle PA on Thursday with my son in my '69 Barracuda 340S Fastback.
Had some electrical problems a few days ago while getting it ready for the trip. Found the usual overheated bulkhead connections for the alternator and battery terminals. Good thing I found it before heading out!!

Attachments

• IMG_1040 comp.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 756
Damn it Jim, I was in Carlisle and saw your car parked in our hotel parking lot and never put two and two together that it was your car. Should have bought you a beer. I was with my buddy in his SRT8 Challenger. I will be bringing the cuda to Moparfest. Which car will you be bringing this year?

Damn it Jim, I was in Carlisle and saw your car parked in our hotel parking lot and never put two and two together that it was your car. Should have bought you a beer. I was with my buddy in his SRT8 Challenger. I will be bringing the cuda to Moparfest. Which car will you be bringing this year?

There were several cars from Ontario in the parking lot and saw the SRT8, but didn't see anyone around it. I'm bring the same car to Moparfest
Jim

I'm back!!!
Finally getting around to working on the Cuda. Hard to get much done in the summer due to travel etc!!!

I had the cold air box fabricated out of steel based on my aluminum mockup. Then mounted the March PS reservoir to it and ran the 3 hoses, so I've got that finished.

Attachments

• IMG_3243_1280x719.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 528
  • IMG_3249_1280x719.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_3247_1280x719.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 532
Some @#$%^& turkey doing previous bodywork, didn't protect the window glass when they were sanding and scratched both my rear (tinted) windows:sad9:

Spent a couple of days polishing the glass (Eastwood glass polishing kit) to try to reduce the extent of the scratches, however, they were deep and I cant get them all polished out. I've been looking for other glass but haven't found any so far.

Attachments

• IMG_3242_1280x719.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 513
-
Back