SRT8CUDA Build

-
Nice work Jim. Looks like the new foam has a lot more angle on the side bolsters. Mine are pretty flat.

Yes - the Rallye style is very different than the (uncomfortable) stock flat style seats. (Legendary offers both styles)

RealWing, unfortunately I cannot view many of the pictures you have posted. Is there anywhere else where they can be viewed? You have done an outstanding job of detailing your process! It has been like a college class. Very instructional and I hate to miss a single illustration.
Thank you,
Wailin D

RealWing, unfortunately I cannot view many of the pictures you have posted. Is there anywhere else where they can be viewed? You have done an outstanding job of detailing your process! It has been like a college class. Very instructional and I hate to miss a single illustration.
Thank you,
Wailin D
Thanks Wailin
When they recently updated this site, all the photos no longer appear in my posts. However, I can view each one by clicking the little symbol with the downward pointing arrow. Did you try that? Is anyone else having problems viewing photos that were posted before the latest software change?
Jim

Finished the passenger seat. My Cuda didn't originally come with headrests, but I thought it would look better with them, so I bought a set and an installation kit.

IMG_3954crop_632x960.JPG

Windshield went in today. My windshield installer (a MOPAR owner) uses Supra Expert - a thermoplastic rubber base sealant. He has been using this to install windshields in older cars for about 15 years.

IMG_3960_1280x719.JPG

IMG_3961_1280x719.JPG

IMG_3963_1280x719.JPG

Assembled the front grille. I bought a set of dies for the semi tubular rivets that fasten the bright trim to the plastic grille. Then had my machinist install them in a C clamp and used that to crimp the rivets. ( a poor man's clincher!!)

IMG_4008_1280x719.JPG

IMG_4001_1280x719.JPG

IMG_4005_1280x719.JPG

IMG_4002_1280x719.JPG

Finished the install of the front sheet metal, grille and bumper. This finishes all the bodywork!!!!!!!!!

IMG_4013_1280x719.JPG

Jim your car looks awesome. I can hardly wait to see it in person. Wish I was making as much progress as you. Hope to see you at Moparfest.
Thanks!!! Progress is always slower than you think - I've been at this for over 4 years!!! never thought it would take this long.
Jim

PS I've got my Moparfest pass!!!

Hey Jim in your building process have you come across measurement pick up points and the actual measurements for the front end and rear axle. Track width and wheel base etc. My rear wheels appear to far forward in the wheel well. However with the four link if I push it any further back the shocks are into the gas tank. Before I make the decision to go a different route with a custom gas tank or to take out the spare tire well, I want to make sure the rear end is in the proper location. Don't have the front fenders on at this time to compare the front end wheel placement. Thanks Bob

Bob
I have 2 Cuda's (the other if a FB), so I took some measurements of the centerline of the rear axle and made sure the new axle was in about the same position. I didn't write them down but can get the measurements off my other Cuda if you would like them. In this initial mockup photo, I positioned a piece of tape to show where I wanted the CL of the rear axle to be. My shocks are in front of the rear axle - yours are on the rear side?????
Jim

IMG_0785_1280x719.JPG

IMG_2001_1280x719.JPG

Finished installing all the S/S trim around the windshield. I used the windshield gasket from the hardtop/coupe instead of the convertible gasket so I could install the S/S trim piece (from a hardtop/coupe) across the bottom of the windshield instead of using the plastic lockstrip. Looks a lot better with the S/S trim piece.(Still have to clean up the excess sealant around the window)

IMG_4020_1280x719.JPG

IMG_4021_1280x719.JPG

Looks great Jim. Are you going to black out the small indented areas in the lower valance?

I know there is some debate on that, but my car is still original paint, and they are definitely blacked out on mine. This is the best picture I have on my work computer.

StThomas20151.jpg

I do know on 68 they were blacked out with a flat black from the factory. I would assume they did that also in 69

If those gaps, between the stainless and the new gasket on each side of the A pillar bug you, a piece of silicone hose...bout 1/4" ID will fill them in and look like its part of the gasket.

I did this same chrome trim conversion a couple of years ago, on Pam's Jamaican Blue Baby (69 cuda vert).

100_5157.jpg

100_5158.jpg

Yes - the gaps sure look ugly. I used some weatherstripping. The hose idea looks good as well.

IMG_3999_1280x719.JPG

That hose does look a lot better. I'll see if I can find some in Canada. Did you glue it in place??

-
Back