SS or XHD springs for 66 Dart?HELP!

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
Here,s my dilema.When I got my 66 Dart(6cyl.,13 inch tires)the leafs were saggy.I installed a 8 3/4 with 15 inch rallys,tires are 245/60/15 TA,s.I installed a set of springs that I picked up from another 66 Dart and they also seemed to sag.So I installed air-shocks til later.Well later is here now and I,m wondering which springs to go with?(Car is for street/strip)also now has 360/904 and disc brakes up front.Which springs can I put on her?
SS..?
XHD..?
or just get a spare pair re-arched?

Thanks for any suggestions or part #,s.

Petty,i'm running the xhd on my '70 street/strip duster and i'm very happy with the performance so far,they give a not to bad ride on the street,and have help my 60' foots a LOT at the track..

Just ordered the XHD Springs,new bushings for the front and new U-bolts.Overtime is paying off!

ya could have taken the old set to a spring shop, have them add another main leaf (will only add about 1 inch in ride height) and then have them add extra clamps to the front segment on keep one on the back (some cars like more clamps some less, but i went with 3 on the front of mine and 1 on the back to start with)...all that for 100 bucks, and they should work as well if not better than the xhd's...just another option if ya need it for next time

Stroked,did the XHD,s come with the bushing insalled?Thanks.

Petty,mine had the bushings installed but i bought them used..i've got them clamped on the front segment no clamps on the rear section,running a pinion snubber,and some Summit race shocks set at 50/50,car was 60' in the low 1.40's with this setup..:-D:-D

-
Back