SS Slant Six Dart

-
love the hood scoop!! much better than that ol' mustang one... lol am i right?? kinda looks like one...

yep it was... already sold to canada tho!

this is is 68 SS scoop

I just want to know when we are gonna have a throwdown at Speed World??? lol \\:D/

hopefully on the fifth... frank is over nighting a gasket to me so it should be running by the end of the weekend...

Sweet man, glad your making way on yours. I got mine together, cam broke in, but havn't driven it yet because of a headlight gremlin. ARGHHH. Hope everything else goes smooth for ya. :salute:

Sweet man, glad your making way on yours. I got mine together, cam broke in, but havn't driven it yet because of a headlight gremlin. ARGHHH. Hope everything else goes smooth for ya. :salute:

kinda like 500grit right now lol...

i'll pm you on the headlight issue...

Comming along great. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

well got the exhaust done so i should be able to get a vid to you pretty soon!

got the timing fixed up, just need to tune the idle screws and figure out my tranny issue... with this new converter it seems really loose? the shifts arn't as crisp as they were (manual VB)... could it be because of the 3400 stall converter? first high stall converter so im in the dark lol...

heres the vid!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN3YIvbj3h4"]YouTube - Slant Six Wants To Be A Hemi![/ame]

more vids in ten...

man it has a major traction problem with this one legger... even with 245's...

need to finish the 8.75!

shifts better once you get to 4500 and up...

even with my traction issue i think its faster than my friends 05 mustang gt 3 valve...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ABKFcGty38"]YouTube - Walk Around Day.MOV[/ame]

here is the better of the two pulls i did... i think that the camera mic blew after this one lol... i had no traction until i hit second and then lost the camera...

it so much faster then im used to im still a little nervous to shift at 6K...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWFYzHiIX3I"]YouTube - New motor Pull.MOV[/ame]

That's shag nasty. What cam have you got in it?

here is the better of the two pulls i did... i think that the camera mic blew after this one lol... i had no traction until i hit second and then lost the camera...

it so much faster then im used to im still a little nervous to shift at 6K...

YouTube - New motor Pull.MOV

I started getting worried when the camera fell :tongue9:
Sounds and looks like it's moving REAL good :cheers:
Three cheers for you 806mopakid :cheers::cheers::cheers:
Job very well dun =P~:happy10:

:tongue9::cheers::cheers: You should hear it here :tongue9::shock::supz::thumleft: I am at a lose of words Kid :happy10:
The hood is a very nize touch =P~

Know let me go see the other video's 8)
A big congratulations :happy2:

thx memike! thats the 50 dollar scoop of ebay lol!

That /6 is running smooth =P~=P~
I like what you did to the water outlet to the radiator 8)
Now that is a great sounding /6 ready for the track Kid :cheers:

yea it liked the new timing curve (all in after start-up) lol, and degreeing in the cam!

the rad outlet is a... billet chevy one that i had a friend mill in the bolt holes and make the thermostat grove in... i have heard that the ford ones have the holes closer together so i might investigate that so us slant guys can drop in a cheap (griffin $150) aluminum rad kit for under 200 bucks......

P.S. see memike! i told you what a difference turning the carb does! lol!!:cheers:

I started getting worried when the camera fell :tongue9:
Sounds and looks like it's moving REAL good :cheers:
Three cheers for you 806mopakid :cheers::cheers::cheers:
Job very well dun =P~:happy10:

camera fell becasue i got traction lol...

you going to vegas?

:cheers:Next time try a Helmet Cam (or a ball cap cam). Really sounds good and strong. 3.91's soon ?? I love the looks of that hood from the driver seat.:cheers::cheers::cheers:

:cheers:Next time try a Helmet Cam (or a ball cap cam). Really sounds good and strong. 3.91's soon ?? I love the looks of that hood from the driver seat.:cheers::cheers::cheers:

haha maybe wedge it in the back window lol!

yea the center section and housing are all done, need axles and brakes, and driveshaft...

even have wheels and tires....

camera fell becasue i got traction lol...

you going to vegas?
I have the plate to turn my carb "A big thank you to StrokerScamp" :happy10:
I am putting new rear axle bearings and seals in Victoria hopefully this week if it don't rain all week 8) I learned that the rear bearings should be repacked with grease on the little light 7 1/4's, and are sealed away from the rear end grease.
I learn something everyday :happy10:
If I go to Vegas it will be for the APA pool league finials Kid, not racing or attending the /6'ers this year, one year maybe :-D

I have the plate to turn my carb "A big thank you to StrokerScamp" :happy10:
I am putting new rear axle bearings and seals in Victoria hopefully this week if it don't rain all week 8) I learned that the rear bearings should be repacked with grease on the little light 7 1/4's, and are sealed away from the rear end grease.
I learn something everyday :happy10:
If I go to Vegas it will be for the APA pool league finials Kid, not racing or attending the /6'ers this year, one year maybe :-D

just hoping i would get to meet you finally!

well get her going again and show us how much that head wakes her up!

P.S. im here in Phx so if you need a pit stop im here for ya

just hoping i would get to meet you finally!

well get her going again and show us how much that head wakes her up!

P.S. im here in Phx so if you need a pit stop im here for ya

I can't wait :cheers:, One day we will meet and if you give me a couple seconds head start we might have a good race :-D
George Rays had there first play day today.
You sure have dun a great job on your Dart =P~ the hood to all the good choices you made sure shows you have this /6 stuff down 8):cheers:.

I can't wait :cheers:, One day we will meet and if you give me a couple seconds head start we might have a good race :-D
George Rays had there first play day today.
You sure have dun a great job on your Dart =P~ the hood to all the good choices you made sure shows you have this /6 stuff down 8):cheers:.

haha i dont know cuz i scared myself today when i jumped on it lol...

-
Back