SS Springs on 75 Duster

-
Also got new aluminum bumper brackets coming........fiberglass hood with 6 pac hood scoop to mount....and the fiberglass bumper.....

Last edited:
Here is mine. 71 valiant grill in a 74 duster. My hood is gutted. Has the Hemi hood scoop. Fibreglass front fenders and trunk lid. Kim

AB4D48D0-5921-4272-8F9A-8A41322A5664.jpeg

F628B935-4BD7-4301-BAA8-E5B8EDFD8F48.jpeg

F974BD90-9ADB-4214-8EC1-FEF164251ED6.jpeg

Last edited:
Got the grille just sitting there.....upper and lower grille support is now bolted in....grille kit showed up this evening in mail ...should have grille done tomorrow...had to order kit for head light buckets...all this old plastic crap breaks...

i painted the radiator flat black after this picture and got the trans cooler mounted....

get some paint for that bumper tomorrow...and bumper brackets due in Saturday.....
next...fiberglass hood......

Race in two weeks...hope to knock off a few of tenths....

20200130_170231_resized.jpg

Last edited:
And one last thing...I want to swap out intake manifolds from the eddy air gap to a holley Strip dominator......

what i really like to do is run Saturday with the AG and Sunday with the SD to see if there is a difference.....oh well...

No pictures today...lol

Got the grille installed..piece of cake with the new clips and plugs.....the parts for the head light buckets came in today also...install tomorrow along with headlight bezels...

Decided to take on the hood....got it unbolted and hauled out of garage...dam thing caught my jeans and ripped a good pair...lol

next was the hinges....major PIA to get those star washers that hold them on.....finally decided to go thru wheel well and with a BFh and modified pry bar....got them...

set new hood on car.....need some hood pins....and new scuff plates ....amazon one day shipping will have them here tomorrow...and a couple cans of spray paint....it will look like new....

So I think by Monday this should be done....I can see the effects on the ride height on the front end with the weight gone...

Still got to do the rear bumper......

no pictures again today..lol

I needed 4 of those headlight adjustment screws and only ordered two...so I got one side done completely done and waiting for parts ....Monday is says...

Jeffs aluminum bumper brackets showed up today...going to have to drill a couple of holes for the frame...but got two 71 dusters here for examples....bumper should be on tomorrow...

Hood is half way on ....front hood pins installed...need to make some brackets for the rear....got some flat bar today to do it....

Still got two weeks before next race....the other two cars are still in the trailer....got a couple of small things to do with them....everything will be wrapped up in time....

Got the hood pinned on....but still need to some final adjustments on it...

the bumper was easier then i thought....used the 71 Duster to get some measurements for the location of a couple of bolt holes...drilled a couple of hole and mounted the aluminum brackets....used C clamps to hold the bracket and fiberglass bumper in place as i moved it around .....not perfect but pretty close for government work...lol

Just need the headlight adjustment bolts....tomorrow...

and then take a look at the rear....I do have a 71 Duster fiberglass rear bumper....going to see what it looks like....

Go 49ers..........

20200202_120856_resized_1.jpg

20200202_120952_resized_1.jpg

Got the hood pinned on....but still need to some final adjustments on it...

the bumper was easier then i thought....used the 71 Duster to get some measurements for the location of a couple of bolt holes...drilled a couple of hole and mounted the aluminum brackets....used C clamps to hold the bracket and fiberglass bumper in place as i moved it around .....not perfect but pretty close for government work...lol

Just need the headlight adjustment bolts....tomorrow...

and then take a look at the rear....I do have a 71 Duster fiberglass rear bumper....going to see what it looks like....

Go 49ers..........

View attachment 1715463484

View attachment 1715463485

I'm jealous of your garage! I cant wait until I grow up and can afford that cool stuff.

My garage is a disaster.....lol....went i am working on a car...i just drop things on the floor....once it is done i finally start picking things up ...then the next project goes in and bingo...mess...lol

yes..those lifts are the greatest things i every bought...

My garage is a disaster.....lol....went i am working on a car...i just drop things on the floor....once it is done i finally start picking things up ...then the next project goes in and bingo...mess...lol

yes..those lifts are the greatest things i every bought...

Yea I'm the same way, my tools are all over right now but I dont want to clean them up and put them away until I'm not pouring brake fluid all over.

Lifts are great, give me a couple years and then I'll have one, my old back starts to hurt sitting on the floor trying to replace everything under the car.

Since you race I will assume you are good at tuning carbs? And installing camshafts? I know someone who may need help with those 2 things :poke:

I have all the tools to degree in a camshaft....

carbs....well racing...they only either idling or full throttle...lol

I have all the tools to degree in a camshaft....

carbs....well racing...they only either idling or full throttle...lol

Awesome! The carb thing, I think you know more the sounds and timing of it than me so I'll trust your expertise!

The cam and lifters thing, well I'll trust you with it too!

Degreeing in a cam is very simple with the correct tools...in fact it takes all the fun out of it....lol

Degreeing in a cam is very simple with the correct tools...in fact it takes all the fun out of it....lol

I've watched a couple of you tube videos on how to install a camshaft and read on here. I was worried about doing it this year because I have already taken the car off the road for so long. If I had a friend who helped make it take less than 3months for me to complete it I'd be more inclined to take the cam and lifters out of the box and put it in the car haha.

Got the last head light in and bezel installed....all looks good.

Wiring in a two step into the msd 6al .......

20200203_171528_resized.jpg

-
Back