SSBC brakes and rims

-
Hey Mike. My buddy Chris "racerx" had the 14" rally wheels on the front of his 67 Dart with the same SSBC brake conversion kit. It worked fine. You will probably have problems with 14" aluminum or mag wheels.

Congrats, it looks like the Swinger found a new home. Did you consider installing that 340 in the 65 Barracuda and keeping it for yourself?

Hey Mike, Dave and his friend Chris will be coming down to my place soon and we usually use that as an excuse to get some food. Maybe you can join us next time.

How about it?

Dave, what do you think?

Ken

sounds pretty good! maybe a Sunday morning breakfast? Now that baseball is starting up with Little league, Saturdays are shot!

The more I dig on the 65, the more I find. there is a dent in the front framerail from where the tire hit the rail, after the car hit the curb! If the UCA mounts are unaffected, I will fix the car. If not, it might be a parts car.

MOre to follow. certainly...the 340 won't go in it. I'll be selling it or saving it for a "better" car.

We'll have to see if the boys up north would like to do breakfast.

I just picked up a 67 Dart that I'm parting out so if there's anything that you need, let me know.

Hey Mike. My buddy Chris "racerx" had the 14" rally wheels on the front of his 67 Dart with the same SSBC brake conversion kit. It worked fine. You will probably have problems with 14" aluminum or mag wheels.

Congrats, it looks like the Swinger found a new home. Did you consider installing that 340 in the 65 Barracuda and keeping it for yourself?

Hi 684mulas,
Now I'm scared. I have a ssbc kit unpacked and ready to install.
I have a set of 14x6 Ansen Sprints on the front that i spent more hours than I would like to admit last winter polishing. I just E-mailed SSBC tech to see if I have a problem. man I wish I had read this before I spent all of that time and $ on the wheels and $ on the brake kit.

Hi 684mulas,
Now I'm scared. I have a ssbc kit unpacked and ready to install.
I have a set of 14x6 Ansen Sprints on the front that i spent more hours than I would like to admit last winter polishing. I just E-mailed SSBC tech to see if I have a problem. man I wish I had read this before I spent all of that time and $ on the wheels and $ on the brake kit.

Fear not 67Barracuda. Send "racerx" a PM about this. He was able to use the mags with a few little adjustments. He can help you out with that. Good luck and let us see when you are done.

Thanks I'll check it out.

PS great looking 68 notch. I really like our body style in blue.

Wow!!! The difference in stopping power is incredible.

I highly recommend this Mod

-
Back