Stacks for a R3 340?

-

Asktoro

Reaction score
Mopar's got a new block, well not so new, but new-ish. I've been eying it for the longest time contemplating upon what sort of build I'd go with --

I'd go for the siamese bore with the 48 degree lifter angle, anyways to the point disregarding all the other parts. There was an article on building up a 2 hp per 1 CI and the article mentioned since its still a newish block there's some technical problems needing to be addressed.... I keep wondering if I'd be able to fit a weber style manifold with hidden efi, it'd look like carbs but the jets would be hidden. Nevermind the fuel rail/throttles. It's the manifold I'm worried about. Chevy and ford has plenty of em out the *** but I can't find many that'd fit a mopar 340... and since the blocks new, would I encounter any problems or does anyone know of a direct fit?.... might have to get crafty with the ole torch and rod.

Hm, found something with a bit of searching, still open to suggestions and if anyone else is curious --

http://www.kinsler.com/page--Mopar--19.html

Just found out about hilborn.... forgot about those guys. The prices are nuts :(

There is a company that builds an EFI unit that looks like a 6 pak.

Hell with it. I'll just stick with a single plane manifold. Sure hilborn gets mad badass points, but I can;t justify spending 2,000+ on a manifold alone.

What are your plans for the R3 block?What car?Your gonna have to do some expensive upgrades to the tranny,rearend to get the R3,s full potential.Tell us abit about your plan$.:toothy7:

What are your plans for the R3 block?What car?Your gonna have to do some expensive upgrades to the tranny,rearend to get the R3,s full potential.Tell us abit about your plan$.:toothy7:
Outside the block and 70-72 duster I'm not 100% sure. There's an article I was reading up on and going to use it as a general guideline

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/techarticles/engine/mopp_0310_340_engine_600_hp/index.html

The numbers are seriously impressive. I'm guessing the build costed those guys close to 7,000-10,000...

For a moment lets pretend I'm stinkin rich and have access to the best garage in the world and unlimited free time and mad skillz.

I'd grab an 1970-1972 duster and strip the body bare naked, probably copy troy trepainer's torino in the sense of smoothing out the firewall and making a custom bay ( http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rad-Rides-by-Troy-Inc/197215866957536 ) but not as insane........ weld up a full tube chassis drag style, 4 link rear coil over/gas A-arm front on gas/coil over, rack and pinion with power steering, no AC but keep heater/wiper motor. Smooth out the bump in the hood the little line thingie, black it out, roll and smooth the bumpers into the body more so it's more cleaner, thinkin a red or orange, 16" on front 17" on rear wheels, old school cragar with blacked out centers, exhaust would just be powder coated hookers into a X exhaust dual tail pipes 2" slate grey/red interior with custom hand made dash and MSD Lazer gauges for oil/water temp/bat but stock rally for mph/rev/fuel -- torqueflite 727 automatic, as for rear gears 4:10 not sure what brand, lots of members seem to say det lockers? Hoping for 300-400 hp around 3,000-5,000 rpm, good idle characterstics for street but can still blast the britches off a big block at the strip. A street fighter.

-
Back