Stage V1 heads aluminum Good or bad????

-

MR JIM

Reaction score
found a set of BB aluminum Mopar stage 6 heads,these are in good shape"almost new" and ran low 10s in a challenger..any input???Or should I look at the Victor or eddies???Thanx for any help JIM.

Alot depends on the size of the engine and the build of which the heads are going on.
While I'm not a big block guy myself, I do beileve that Edelbrock makes the Victor heads. Since you divided it up by "Victor or Eddies."

Look into the port volume of the heads and flow numbers.

There are 7 different castings of that head and not all are created equal. Are you looking at the max wedge port version,straight or angle plug,big or small combustion chamber? They can be had with as small as 75 cc chamber or up to 96?cc.

They have one of the highest potentials out of the alum heads. Some of them will flow over 385 cfm when maxed out. The early castings had problems,including porosity,coolant leaks etc,poor machining etc.

The Stage 6 head is a good head, has lot's of potential but it needs to be worked just like any as cast aluminum head.

Thanx!!!
They would be on a 451 bb with flat pistons...I was informed that it was a late casting with 5 runs on them....they have the adapter plates bolted on and big valves..

I'd go for it if the price was right. Some of the Indy big cube heads might flow more but the Stage 6's are very capable.

Sounds like a good price and my buddy Rick has the earlier set then you mention on a 67GTX with a 440 that is stout and runs low 11s at a weight of 3800 ish with a custom AC unit, many accessories etc and he made his lives on the street.

But I do not think he did much if any mods to the heads, I have heard that there is a lot of Potential in these heads and that sure sounds like a very fair price.

Heck you could easily sink that much cash in an iron set..

good luck:)

Thats a good deal. New they run $1600/pair and thier bare,still need valves,shafts,rockers etc etc etc. And I'd say if they are regular port heads you just found the perfect head for a mostly street 451. I got a really good deal on my heads too,but they are bare,brand new plus I have to find offset rockers for the max wedge intakes..I'll have over 2 grand in them by the time everything is said and done and it will still be a bargain....

The Stage heads suffer from some bad issues, but if they were together and running you have some financial cushion in case your shop is more picky than the initial one (they ship bare so someone had to do some work...). For $1200 Id say you're stealing them but make sure to have them gone thru. A used race head may or may not be very good even after short run time. Basically assume they need a valve job and springs to match your cam like Guitar said.

The person bought them from the one and only Dick Landy...They where NEW!! Do you guy's think it would be at least 10.5 comp ratio???"Flat top pistons"I'm hopping to run 11's on the strip ,but most street driving...

The person bought them from the one and only Dick Landy...They where NEW!! Do you guy's think it would be at least 10.5 comp ratio???"Flat top pistons"I'm hopping to run 11's on the strip ,but most street driving...

You have to cc the heads. It's the only to way to know for sure.Then you can choose you piston to get the desired comp ratio.

-
Back