Stainless, Bushed PRW Rocker Arms

-
Not the greatest pic but here the rockers I have, bushing material looks to be steel of some sort. Shaft has oil holes but not the grooves.

7DBB6D04-0237-4F13-B422-5841763A36EE.jpeg

E15E2DAB-034C-4594-9A99-35E5B1032221.jpeg

PC. That is a ProComp/Speedmaster part #.
Pretty sure the Comps have bronze bushes, one each side.

The factory adjustable rockers didn't have problems. They nad nanner grooves.

Some Prw 1.5 rockers i got a while back. from Mancini. maybe a year ago.

seems the PRW have bronze bushings and the speedmaster use steel? same rocker casting. some other hardware is probably different...

IMG_4974.jpg

mine have two bushings with a small bevel on each end. They are pressed into the body touching.

F25B4E2B-49B5-46AC-BE87-0EF6D1ACC0ED.jpeg

Did Mancini send them with cup adjusters? What oiling pushrods you planning on using?

View attachment 1715988199

Did Mancini send them with cup adjusters? What oiling pushrods you planning on using?

yes those are the adjusters they came with, they actually left the locknuts out of the box and I contacted PRW to get some sent to me.

not sure on pushrods, I'm building an LA motor, SFT cam with EDM lifters. Not sure if I will use pushrod oiling...

yes those are the adjusters they came with, they actually left the locknuts out of the box and I contacted PRW to get some sent to me.

not sure on pushrods, I'm building an LA motor, SFT cam with EDM lifters. Not sure if I will use pushrod oiling...
(Apologies to the OP for sidetracking).....
Are your adjusters fully threaded with no oil band or hole on the side, like these:

6BDE0EB4-C30F-4CD4-B97C-74AD550E67F1.jpeg

Are those rockers drilled so oil is delivered to the threaded bores?

(Apologies to the OP for sidetracking).....
Are your adjusters fully threaded with no oil band or hole on the side, like these:

View attachment 1715988259

Are those rockers drilled so oil is delivered to the threaded bores?

the adjusters do have a band in them for oil pressure to get to the cup, i pulled one out last night when i was taking pics.
see my pic above ^^ with the light, i couldn't tell just by looking because the hole is drilled at an angle. i saw the hole in the bore for the adjuster, and i saw the hole in the bushing for oil from the shaft to flow...but the holes weren't in the exact same spot (because it's drilled at angle). so i put a light in the rocker body to see if the hole in the adjuster bore lit up...it's drilled through.

Post #193. We keep being told [ not by me ] that without grooves in the r/shafts, bushed rockers will fail. Maybe someone should tell Comp Cams....

There was nothing wrong with the old comp rockers that had no bushings there was something wrong with The Rocker shafts that came with them and then there was more wrong when somebody didn't line the cam bearings upright or somebody didn't orientate the shafts right or they have the adjusters too far one way or the other because the push rods are too short and if they didn't add the extra push right oil and just for ***** and giggles they'll wish they had once they had a combination of all that stuff.
The shafts that came with them 'early comps' ..the rockers kind of fit a little oose on them for my liking. After all that crap I already listed it could be that those rocker shafts were the real problem or just the cheap portion of that production who knows. I do know I've used the early comp rockers with Dan Dvorak thick wall induction hardened shafts.. which will not gal and weld like your standard banana grooved or not rocker shafts from anyone else - I've run just under 500 lb range open with a constant 2-220 lbs on the seat..and there perfect looking, like new...a decade later.
These shafts ' the dvorak's' have the two oiling holes because they were designed for the needle-bearing style rockers . The comp Rockers fit n slide fine.. but they dont just drop on like others...wobbly and loose like a........... they fit like they have a designed oil clearance of .002 at the max. I prefer that.
What's funny is be hard-pressed to find many articles about and picture showing the galling and I remember seeing it here around 2008 or '09. I did experience a little bit of an oiling issue to the pushrod cup because I decided to use a ball adjuster from Harlan Sharp and I don't believe they were getting oil or are the carrying oil design but I'm just thinking about something that I haven't looked at in a min...a long min. At one time I had one of every rocker they made as in for a small block Dodge I don't know if I have any new style prws but I sure have the old crap the pro comps the no names the 273s the MP 273s that are pushed the comps and all that boring sht.
I thought it might be a good video maybe I'll do that.

Get them rebushed by a competent shop. Get new grooved shafts from Smith Brothers.
Very nice parts at a great price. That's who makes my pushruds for 25 years and sells me shafts.he has a shop ther recommend to rebuild or bush rockers there better than new when thet come back

-
Back