Stainless carpet protector plate,'65 Barracuda 'S'

-

RJG

Reaction score
On my 1965 Barracuda 'S', I need to move the stainless plate (carpet protector) next to the accelerator. Could someone help me understand how to remove and install that part. From under the car I don't see any connection at the tunnel wall.
Thank you FABO,
Richard

It has tabs ( about 1/2" long ) that go thru the carpet and then are folded over . You have to raise the carpet to get at them .

I need to remove and slightly relocate the stainless carpet protector plate near the accelerator pedal, on my Barracuda 'S'. From under the car I do not see any connection through the tunnel. Could someone help explain to me how these are mounted, and how to remove it.
Thank you FABO,
Richard

Little tabs poke through the carpet, on the back side there are little flat clips that hold it to the back side of the carpet. I think the only way to properly remove this is to remove the carpet, then you can get at the clips. You can probably pull the cover lose by hand, but if you don't remove the carpet the little clips will be under your carpet and could get lost. There is a possibility the clips are not there, most people don't even know the clips exist! So it's possible it was re-installed without them. If the carpet is shot, you can also cut around it and then remove the clips too.

I have also seen where some have the metal tabs folded over behind the carpet....I will look later to see if I still have pictures of the clips.

The one that I removed from a car many years ago had bent over metal tabs on the underside of the carpet.

Thank you all for the input. Yep, found the tabs. Pain in the tail, but goter done.
Thanks again,
Richard

-
Back