stall or not to all?

-
Last one I bought was from PTC.

2200-2400 sounds a little weak to me.

Florida torque converter said can make me one 2200-2400 stall for 289.00 plus the ride. anybody used them before?

I told you who I've used before. A lot. So have other people. Yet, somehow, you come up with somewhere nobody ever suggested......and I've never heard of. Ever. Did you call Precision? No. Of course not. Why in hell would anybody do what was suggested after they were asked?

Lunacy, I say.

Suit yourself. Why did you ever ask for help? Just to waste our time?

If your looking for performance WITH streetability call a performance converter builder. A place that refurbishes stock converters is not going to give you the results you are looking for. You need to call a professional builder, be honest with your build specs and expectations. You need to not assume or make your decision on price alone.

If your looking for performance WITH streetability call a performance converter builder. A place that refurbishes stock converters is not going to give you the results you are looking for. You need to call a professional builder, be honest with your build specs and expectations. You need to not assume or make your decision on price alone.

I agree 100% which is why I threw Precision in the mix. They do both on a very large scale. Stock everyday converters for transmission repair shops and hot street and race converters. They will build a custom converter matched to whatever combo you have, and because they also make them for everyday vehicles, their prices are lower. We used them in the transmission shop where I worked and never had an issue with them. The owner even has one in his 12 second, 5300 pound Plymouth station wagon. Do the math on the horse power it takes to get that weight into the 12.70s. He's run that car for like 8 or 10 seasons and never had an issue with the converter and drives it on the street as well.

Were I racing for money and points, I would probably go with Coan, Frank Lupo, or some other high end maker. But for everyday hot street and a fun weekend racer, Precision has your number. Course, if you never call them or use them,, you'll never know.

I did speak with precision. ... isn't that ptc? or is that someone else. was trying not to speed over 500.00 on a custom converter if I might have to sell the car. medical bills..... but I do want it to scream and run well as I planned on it too. that way I can pull the money I intend for it. I have just ran out of more funds at this time.

If you're already building with the thought of maybe needing to sell because of medical bills, STOP the build. You're already throwing money away by building a car in the first place.

well I didn't ask for the wife to have a heart attack.. and I can 't sell a car with a 1/2 built transmission. I just don't want to waste the time and effort's of the tf2 kit, billet parts internal with stock junk. just was putting feelers out there, I can always get a tci unit, off the shelf, but am leaning toward a decent built converter from ptc.. for the money... after all the work i've done, I am not letting it go cheep either, was thinking of Barret Jackson next spring in Scottsdale maybe.... I go every year. I get tickets though work. just never a seller though. but if things change, I might keep it too. GOD only knows right now. she is doing much better now.

-
Back