stand alone EFI for gen3 hemis

-

lxmodguy

Gen3 Hemi Guru
Reaction score
I'm working on several different EFI projects right now. I'm curious if there would be any interest in a plug and play gen3 swap setup? None of the confines of a stock ECM. No need for a hand held tuner. Free user tune able software that works on a PC, Mac, or Linux. It would include a base tune for your application all for around $1600.

Would that interest anyone?

This would be a plug and play setup. It would run the coils and injectors with ONE harness and ONE box. FAST makes a system that will set you back about $2500 with a tune. The fast setup wont do VVT either this one will

Fast is tuneable though no? Would this be able to self adjust with upgrades?

It would be able to self adjust out of the box. It has several auto tune features. For most folks though the stock tune would be perfectly fine

It would be able to self adjust out of the box. It has several auto tune features. For most folks though the stock tune would be perfectly fine

So basically it would be similar to the FAST kit. Would you be able to adjust timing, fuel and how would it work it boost/nitrous?

So basically it would be similar to the FAST kit. Would you be able to adjust timing, fuel and how would it work it boost/nitrous?
Complete boost and nitrous control. By gear, by time, by rpm. Whatever. It does flex fuel. It does anything you can possibly imagine.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

So this would work on a 6.1 manual trans conversion? If so then yes I would be interested.

Yup, but you want to know whats different? It doesn't matter how good your tools are if you don't know how to use them. I tune 100's of new hemi's a year. If you are going to drop in a bone stock motor right down to the factory exhaust manifolds their solution will work out of the box. As soon as you start adding stuff, it gets very different very quickly.

Im willing to learn as I go. Im still a ways from using anything so if you get one done in 6 months or so I might be a customer. I plan to get the throttle body from Efi source in a couple weeks so I can get the throttle cable mocked up and the intake machining completed.

I'm interested. Planning to run a 6.1 with a t56. Was going to use a stock PCM and Hotwire harness it if you can bring yours in cheaper I'm in.

I'd like to keep the stock drive my wire. I also want to be able to tune...

Riddler

Just FYI, the FAST system comes as a blank slate, no factory/base tune...

There are downloadable versions of the factory tunes on FATMANEFI's website I believe though, which is who I bought my kit from...

Joe

The fast system is super nice. it is also very expensive. Its about $3000 for the new hemi.

Only the factory system will run the 545 or drive by wire. Hey Joeboy, I am telling Rich you called him FATMANEFI :)

So to use your setup, a cable operated throttle body is required? Anything else needed like a wideband setup?

Actually, I am pretty sure that I could make a drive by wire throttle body work. It would require a wideband. You should have a laptop to log with.

The fast system is super nice. it is also very expensive. Its about $3000 for the new hemi.

Only the factory system will run the 545 or drive by wire. Hey Joeboy, I am telling Rich you called him FATMANEFI :)

Haha! I'm a jerk!!! That's what I get for phone posting...

I do wish the FAST stuff was friendly with my MAC, I'm gonna hafta get a laptop just for the car...

Joe

Is your car running? I am in Denver from time to time. If you can get a dyno I would be happy to come out there and tune it on one of my trips

Is your car running? I am in Denver from time to time. If you can get a dyno I would be happy to come out there and tune it on one of my trips

Wow, I may actually hold you to that when I'm ready... I know there are some talented tuners in the area for turbo 4's, but haven't looked into Hemi tuning yet... I'm getting really close to firing it for the first time in the next few months. I'm sorting out little stuff like throttle cable brackets and trans lines... I still need a full interior to drive it, but it's mechanically done in theory.

Mine is 5.7 with a comp cam 268, intake and long tubes obviously... I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the factory timing table for initial startup, or if I need to start with 6.1 timing, or a different table completely. Tuning is something I really only know a little about...

Joe

Yup, but you want to know whats different? It doesn't matter how good your tools are if you don't know how to use them. I tune 100's of new hemi's a year. If you are going to drop in a bone stock motor right down to the factory exhaust manifolds their solution will work out of the box. As soon as you start adding stuff, it gets very different very quickly.

So how does your prototype differ from the MS3?

Surely all EFI/Spark control boxes rely on similar types of data input to determine the required AF and timing at a certain load/temp/humidity ?

Wouldnt that mean any controller would have to cope with fluctuations in demand that aftermarket parts may place upon it - or they'd all be working on one basic tuning MAP - and all be equally useless if something was changed?

......I guess what Im asking in simple terms is - if the FAST set up and your design can accomodate ....lets say more compression...why cant the MS3?

-
Back