standard fuel line Question

-

danmax

Reaction score
Just wondering if the standard fuel line in 67 barracuda small block S going to b big enough for a 400HP 360 - also what fuel pump would you use either mech or elec.
I have an as new Edelbrock quiet flo 160 left over from my BB but guess that would be somewhat overkill and very noisy on the street

I have 407 hp on my 67 cuda. Standard mechanical pump, running a 770 holley. No problems. Running the original plumbing, I think its 3/8th.

Most factory lines are 5/16's inch diameter. Think about it, that is all they used in the big block cars including the hemi. Factory should be adequate. If your replacing it go with 3/8's just for piece of mind.

thanks for the advice - will run with the standard for now then.

I have -8 braided line here but will leave that for if I need to upgrade later

Most factory lines are 5/16's inch diameter. Think about it, that is all they used in the big block cars including the hemi. Factory should be adequate. If your replacing it go with 3/8's just for piece of mind.

The Hemi and 440 Six Pack cars came with 3/8 line. But I imagine 5/16 line would have supported even them.

Disconnect the hose near the fuel pump and have a bucket ready. You should see fuel pour out of the 5/16" tube. You might need to suck to get it started if there is air in the top loop (best not by mouth). If it doesn't pour (runs forward ~3" from tube), check for a clogged sock in the sender pickup. Of course, the car should be level when you test this.

-
Back