Stargate SG-1 using eighties equipment?

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
So it gits down to "not much on" a rerun of Stargate SG-1. Here we are in the high tech super dooper modern computer room, and what do I see on the shelf back there?

Why, an eighties vintage IFR service monitor. I didn't get enough of a look, might 'a been a 1200S, or a 500A

1200S

IFR%20FM-AM-1200-S.jpg

but I think it was a 500:

615-IFR-500.jpg

Now don't get me wrong, I have an aging CT systems 3000S, a Motorola 2xxxx series, and an IFR 1000. They are fine old pieces.

But lordie, if we are to be saddled with 'em clear into the 2020's, it makes me wonder if they'll ever overcome the Jafa, the Ori, and all them other damn aleans.

That's the best thing about sci-fi, TV and the movies. Take note in Star trek TV shows, sometimes you see 3 or 4 large BBQ forks hanging on the walls in engineneering.

That's the best thing about sci-fi, TV and the movies. Take note in Star trek TV shows, sometimes you see 3 or 4 large BBQ forks hanging on the walls in engineneering.

Yeah but they NEED those, to reach into the antee-matter flux controller and entabulate the retro cabulators

"I can't hold 'er Jim" (in your best Irish accent)

Most people will not know what a lot of Amateur Radio, or professional radio repair equipment, is used for, or how old/new the stuff is.

I agree its funny to see sometimes, the props used in movies, and see something that is out of place. :)

73 K2HAT
DSCN3377_Medium_.JPG

Be careful, if that dammed old D104 falls, it might kill ya

That's too funny as I've got a 1200 apart on my bench and 2 1200S's
waiting for some TLC - students trash them every semester.
Never thought I'd see one in this forum!

Yeah but they NEED those, to reach into the antee-matter flux controller and entabulate the retro cabulators

"I can't hold 'er Jim" (in your best Irish accent)

Why would I use my best Irish accent to mimic a Scotsman named Scotty ?
{sorry we Scots take being mistaken for micks a wee bit personal there laddy lol }

Why would I use my best Irish accent to mimic a Scotsman named Scotty ?
{sorry we Scots take being mistaken for micks a wee bit personal there laddy lol }

Oh, like, "oh hell" I guess it's been awhile since I've seen or heard "Scotty."

That's too funny as I've got a 1200 apart on my bench and 2 1200S's
waiting for some TLC - students trash them every semester.
Never thought I'd see one in this forum!

What sort of class do you have that you are involved with IFR monitors?

What sort of class do you have that you are involved with IFR monitors?

2 year Electronics course, 2nd year students have a communications course
with a substantial amount of radio testing / trouble shooting...
keeps me busy as well!

-
Back