Starter Bench Test

-
I use a jumper pack, or jumper cables. Ground to the case. Hot to BOTH small and big terminal. make sure it spins AND the gimble kicks out.

Update: It doesn't work. The bendix kicks out, but it doesn't spin. I figured it will cost too much to ship back to CA. from NJ., so I opened it up.
Few new parts. They apparently use a cleaned and painted case w/new lugs, then put old parts in it. The armature looks to have been cleaned up w/ emery. The brushes are okay, but not new.
Looking back, the ad doesn't say new, rebuilt, used or otherwise. I feel like a fool, this a**hole got me.

I ordered it based post #21 in this thread:what-mini-starter-are-you-using.404177
Hope I can prevent others from getting the shaft.

Johnny Mac, got you in mind...

Last edited:
Just open the ebay options and click return because it's defective. You aren't stuck with it. Should generate a free return label.

The description does say, "100% buyer satisfaction," and there is an eBay money back guarantee. IMO, even the return shipping charges should not be your responsibility. Just don't wait too long before time limits expire.

-
Back